Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backwards compatibility problems?

• 31-03-2011 3:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has already been covered, I didn't see it.

Since I updated to the 2.0.12625.0 dash, I've been unable to run Xbox Original games, including ones that ran perfectly well before the update. Xbox support seem to be acting dumb about it, and just keep telling me that "compatibility may vary".

Has anybody else encountered this? Is the problem with my Xbox, or have MS started sneaking off backwards compatibility or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Apologies if this has already been covered, I didn't see it.

Since I updated to the 2.0.12625.0 dash, I've been unable to run Xbox Original games, including ones that ran perfectly well before the update. Xbox support seem to be acting dumb about it, and just keep telling me that "compatibility may vary".

Has anybody else encountered this? Is the problem with my Xbox, or have MS started sneaking off backwards compatibility or what?

Unfortunatley from what i've read 12625 kills xbox1 compatability and there was no real need to update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, updated when playing Homefront, didn't occur to me that I might have to make sure it didn't cripple a load of features I enjoyed. Christ knows Homefront wasn't worth the sacrifice. Bloody Microsoft. :rolleyes:

Has anybody else had experience of this? MS are insisting they still support backwards compatibility.

Just in case anybody else finds themselves with this problem, I should just add - I've tried rolling back the update in the Memory menu as well as updating from both USB and CD. Nothing's worked, my backwards compatibility is just gone.

Can somebody tell me if anybody with this latest update has been able to play Xbox original games on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Just in case anybody else finds themselves with this problem, I should just add - I've tried rolling back the update in the Memory menu as well as updating from both USB and CD. Nothing's worked, my backwards compatibility is just gone.

What makes you think you can roll back an Xbox dash update?

Rolling back the system update, rather than the dash interface, with -> "Storage devices" -> LB, RB, x, LB, RB, x -> "yes".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Downloaded xbox originals work for me with the latest dashboard i assume discs will work also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Rolling back the system update, rather than the dash interface, with -> "Storage devices" -> LB, RB, x, LB, RB, x -> "yes".

That just clears the cache and downloaded game updates, there isn't a simple way to roll back to a previous system version.

Was planning on playing through Psychonauts again, so glad I've barely turned my 360 on in the past month! Hopefully there's a simple resolution for this

Yeah, it can occasionally resolve weird errors though so I thought it was worth a shot.

Having spent quite a while trying to work something out with Xbox support, I'm not at all confident that they're going to bother their arses trying to resolve it. They aren't acknowledging a problem in the first place, and as far as they're concerned it's not a known issue despite it's apparently universal occurrence among my little circle of nerds.

I've had this conversation -

"It's a compatibility problem."
    "These games are most definitely compatible."
    "Oh well, compatibility isn't guaranteed."
    "I bought the Xbox in part for this feature."
    "I can't offer you any more information."

- with 3 or 4 people now, and that last line was quoted just about verbatim each time.

Advertisement