Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Fest 2011 Countdown

• 31-03-2011 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

The Count-down to Photo Fest 2011 is on - only THREE days to go.
    Photo Fest Ireland 2011 Sunday 3rd April
    10am - 6pm
    Crowne Plaza Hotel
    Santry (Near Dublin Airport)
    Google map.
    Loc8 Code: NN8-44-Y43
    Photo Fest is Ireland's biggest Photographic Equipment (& Supplies) event with dozens of Importers, Distributors and Retailers showing the latest products available (a few sneak previews also). In addition there are loads of FREE Seminars on throughout the day.
    Tips:
    Allow yourself at least half a day (Let your partner / kids go to IKEA!)
    If you have a business card, bring a wad of them - Exhibitors like to know who they have been speaking to.
    Products will be on sale at the show at worthwhile discounts so bring some plastic or cash.
    Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

10am - 6pm
    Crowne Plaza Hotel
    Google Map
    Photo Fest is Ireland's biggest Photographic Equipment (& Supplies) event with dozens of Importers, Distributors and Retailers showing the latest products available (a few sneak previews also). In addition there are loads of FREE Seminars on throughout the day.
    Tips:

I'm sure that'll go down well on Mother's Day! Only joking!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

And make sure to bring cash - €10 entry fee????? :eek:

Not sure that it's actually value at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I said this on another thread but expecting people to pay €10 to get into a sales event where they are expected to spend more money is ridiculous. It was ridiculous in the celtic tiger years and it's even more so now.
    And don't tell me the seminars are worth that - the only reason the seminars are there is to encourage people to turn up otherwise there would be nobody there.

And no, I don't want the loan of €10. It's the principle of the matter. I wouldn't go if it was €0.50 to get in.

Ballyman wrote: »
    And don't tell me the seminars are worth that - the only reason the seminars are there is to encourage people to turn up otherwise there would be nobody there.

Ah, but the seminars are free. :eek:

I wonder if you can attend the seminars (for free) without having to go in to the trade show (and pay €10).

While the seminars might be free, I totally agree with you that there shouldn't be a charge in to this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Think I'll head for Smithfield market on Sunday - it's free in and possibly more entertaining :)

• Advertisement

Or, Sunday, in Morton Stadium, a select Liverpool XI will play against Darndale FC.

Should be a fun game, and a good chance to see some of the Liverpool legends - John Aldridge, Jason McAteer, Alan Kennedy, Phil Neal, John Wark, Keith Gillespie, and others. :D

Kickoff is 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Yeah, the price has put me off this event in the past too, purely on priciple.
    There are other exhibitions for free, which also have seminars.
    I have seen many people come out of a Guy Gowran seminar & make a beeline for his stand, to purchase his DVDs.

I'm looking for something to do this weekend, but may give this a miss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Just get your name on the Guest List and it's free to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

10am - 6pm
    Crowne Plaza Hotel
    Google Map
    Tips:
    If you have a business card, bring a wad of them - Exhibitors like to know who they have been speaking to.
    Products will be on sale at the show at worthwhile discounts so bring some plastic or cash.
    Enjoy!

It would be helpful for many here and in the interest of transparency if the OP declared exactly what their interest and involvement is with this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Paulw wrote: »
    Or, Sunday, in Morton Stadium, a select Liverpool XI will play against Darndale FC.

Should be a fun game, and a good chance to see some of the Liverpool legends - John Aldridge, Jason McAteer, Alan Kennedy, Phil Neal, John Wark, Keith Gillespie, and others. :D

Kickoff is 3pm.
    Now thats the way to spend Sunday , what,s the admission price do you know?

• Advertisement

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Now thats the way to spend Sunday , what,s the admission price do you know?

http://www.autismireland.ie/news-events/events/519/

€10 entry fee.

I see the kickoff time is actually listed there as 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

oshead wrote: »
    It would be helpful for many here and in the interest of transparency if the OP declared exactly what their interest and involvement is with this event.

I'll be working on one of the trade stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I'll be working on one of the trade stands.

Just helping out like ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Still reckon that if they want me to buy stuff then they should pay me to come to the show....

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

i think it should be free to get in
    Paulw wrote: »
    http://www.autismireland.ie/news-events/events/519/

€10 entry fee.

I see the kickoff time is actually listed there as 2pm.

irish147 wrote: »
    i think it should be free to get in

Money all goes to charity - Autism Ireland. A very worthy cause.

Anyone go to Photo Fest today? Was it any good?

I went to the charity match in Morton Stadium. Glad I did. Got some nice exclusive picts that will be in some of tomorrow's papers now. A nice shot of Stephen Cluxton throwing a left hook and knocking Jason McAteer over. :D

5586195371_4ef61e1086_m.jpgPW2_7376.jpg by PaulWa, on Flickr

So .... was Photo Fest of any use at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Oh Cluxton, such a role model...

I wanted to go, but I'd completely forgotten I had to be in Limerick for a game. Worth it though, the forecast had me prepped for rain but it was fantastic weather.
    I wanted to go for a chat with the folks at CameraInsurance.ie, but I guess that can easily be done over the phone.

Advertisement