Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A soldier's story

Options
  • 31-03-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Heh gang. Just in case anyone's interested, there is a talk on today in the National Museum (Collins Barracks) by Lar Joyce, the curator, about a soldier's life from 1922 to 2011. It starts at 11.30 and places are on a first come first served basis. I'd say it could be really interesting, and it's FREE, so anyone like myself,who is unemployed or on a limited budget, could be just the thing. Anyway, I'm heading in, so if any AHers would care to go I'll see ye there. I'll be wearing a blue and white striped geansai, so just come over and say hello. Just a heads up.

Cheers

Chocolate

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Would love to go to that. Sadly too short notice and its on in the morning which don't suit my circumstances today. Bummer but thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cool soldiers story bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

In work unfortunately but sounds very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

stovelid wrote: »
    In work unfortunately but sounds very interesting.
    Second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Dublin City

Btw, had I been in Dublin this would have been cool to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

the_syco wrote: »
    Second this.

Same here. If it was a weekend day could have made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Darn!!! I only saw this now and I was free to pop down . Pity you hadn't posted this last night :(
    I have a major interest in "soldiering" as my Grand-dad faught in the War of Independence and The Civil war as well as numerous relatives in the Irish Army.

Advertisement