Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 10 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
  • 31-03-2011 9:50am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All discussion relating to Season 10 goes here!

Players are reminded to keep an eye on the team pick process when it starts for their turn to pick so we can keep things moving. Also you must give thanks on the rules sticky as per usual.

We had a good season last time with little or no nonsense on the threads and we expect the same this time around. Everyone is playing long enough at this stage and bans will be handed out if needed.

**Can I remind all of those taking part in season 10 to read and Thank the rules before any passwords are sent out**

Good luck to all and enjoy the season!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Championship football for me :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Team picks are started - make sure to regualrly check the thread so not to be holding everyone else up when its your turn.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056225451

(Sticky at top of the forum)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A note on bans also - there was little or no nonsense last year apart from a few who got warnings. In those cases they have been warned enough times now so any nonsense and thats it, you are gone from the league and banned for a month from the forum.

No 3 strikes or any of that, everyone is playing long enough now to know how to act on here and in the league.

Anyone trying to provoke someone else will receive the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Quick question, when you say "any 4.5 star team" does that mean we can pick teams from leagues outside europe or does that restriction still apply?

You can have any club team, leagues outside of Europe are allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Axwell wrote: »
    A note on bans also - there was little or no nonsense last year apart from a few who got warnings. In those cases they have been warned enough times now so any nonsense and thats it, you are gone from the league and banned for a month from the forum.

No 3 strikes or any of that, everyone is playing long enough now to know how to act on here and in the league.

Anyone trying to provoke someone else will receive the same treatment.

GOOD STUFF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Second pick for me in league 1 :) if I can't challenge for promotion this year I give up .
    How come 4 from league 1 went up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Coolio liking the 4.5 stars or less! Gunna be a hell of a challenge up against some teams but it breathes new life into the league imo :) Good stuff Axwell and Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Anyone wanna name a few good 4.5 star teams that might be left for me by the time it get down to second last pick? going to be tough fighting off relegation this year i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

looking foward to my first season. will be a real challenge getting promoted from league 1 seems as im 2nd to last pick. ive got a few teams in mind though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Looking forward to getting back into the league.

I think storybud was in my qualifying league the first time I played. And look at him now. :)

can't wait for it to start. Relegation dog fight here I come. :) what's after league one? Getting kicked out :pac:

bonescap wrote: »
    Anyone wanna name a few good 4.5 star teams that might be left for me by the time it get down to second last pick? going to be tough fighting off relegation this year i think.

erm. chances are you will have to pick a 4 star team but theres a few good ones. here are a few i would recomend:

Napoli - everton - roma - udinese - sunderland - porto - benfica - galertasaray

nicklauski wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting back into the league.

I think storybud was in my qualifying league the first time I played. And look at him now. :)

can't wait for it to start. Relegation dog fight here I come. :) what's after league one? Getting kicked out :pac:

dont think u can get relagated from league 1 mate. i think u just stay in league 1 if you finish bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Wow I'm last pick in the championship :eek:

I thought it would be one of the lads who got relegated from Premiership or the ones who just missed out on promotion last season who'd be last. There goes my chance of back to back promotion :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Second pick for me in league 1 :) if I can't challenge for promotion this year I give up .
    How come 4 from league 1 went up ?

We had a few people drop out and had to promote one more from League 1 to cover the numbers.
    jamescd wrote: »
    Wow I'm last pick in the championship :eek:

I thought it would be one of the lads who got relegated from Premiership or the ones who just missed out on promotion last season who'd be last. There goes my chance of back to back promotion :pac:

Usually you wouldn't but two people who got relegated from the premiership have pulled out, they would've had last and third last picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

This year to mix it up a bit the Premiership arent allowed use 5 star teams. So any 4.5 or less club teams.

1. Real Madrid
    2. Barcelona
    3. Real Madrid

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

im a bit confused i would like to join can i?

if so can i be liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

League picks have already started I'm afraid.

In a few weeks, a qualification league will be set up my Moon or Axwell. If you are still serious about joining, thats the time to do it.

My mistake.

Ok I have rechecked this and reupdated my squads again just to be sure and City and Arsenal both come up as 4.5 when you download the latest updates and then go into create a league and select a team.

Everyone should check they are using these squads as those are what the league will be using so if you have live season etc that wont be the same star rating of the teams.

So make sure using the above method before sending me your team picks.

• Advertisement

Squads were updated properly but the issue was that my virtual pro was in the arsenal team bumping them up to a five star. Didn't notice it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

if only that worked for the league :p

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Kirby wrote: »
    Squads were updated properly but the issue was that my virtual pro was in the arsenal team bumping them up to a five star. Didn't notice it. :)

snap me too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Whoever picked rangers in the premiership must be very confident with himself . Thought they would have been muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Whoever picked rangers in the premiership must be very confident with himself . Thought they would have been muck

Just because they are muck in real life doesn't mean they are in fifa lol

Of course saying that they are only 3.5 star, but not having to deal with drogba and ronaldo means its not that daft a pick. If there was ever a time to pick them now would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Just giving myself a challenge, found last season very monotonous tbh. Relegation obviously. And if anyone loses against me there'll be lots of :o:o - no pressure :)
    bonescap wrote: »

Celtic for obvious reasons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i saw Rangers and they would be quite a good pick if it was 4 star and under. they have some quality, the 2 up front are decent, some savagely high strength players and one of the best centre Backs in the game in Bougherra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Let's have a champions' league at the end of the year, where the top two from the Premier League and the winners of the championship and league one have a competition in the style of the English playoffs (1st seed v 4th, 2nd v 3rd).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Or just have a FA Cup :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

It would of been even better if it was 4 stars and under. You still have arsenal man city and worst of all milan still in it. Still will be nice to have a few of the main teams gone. FIFA has become as dull anymore. Looking forward to the league though.

Advertisement