Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 10 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    are you for real? this coming from a guy who will do anything to get the result, coming from the guy who is now known as Hello Joe or LB Y Joe.

never having to play you or bud again is the best decision i ever made, playing you and bud is bad for my health, its just not enjoyable.

unlike yourself, i want to enjoy playing the game, a good honest match. one of the most enjoyable games i ever had in fifa was against Hokem when i lost 3-2 as villarreal in the last minute, it was a brilliant game.

one of the worse games i ever had was when i beat Mark 1-0 this season. he was all over me and i did nothing to deserve the win. it was embarrassing, it felt wrong. a lot of my enjoyment of Fifa isnt entirely results based.

obviously I prefer to be winning and i have won my fair share this season. sur im the only person to beat Hokem this season. But so what? i havent enjoyed much of it this season. in many ways, i feel the same as when futureguy left. its not fun anymore so why bother?

Oh I am corcaigh :pac: . Im only known as lb y joe from that usual gang that chat over live. Sure what was it last season...accusing me of using custom tactics even though I wasnt.

If it makes ye feel better by all means fire ahead but I honestly dont know where you get this does anything to win mentality thing from. The only thing I regret doing was holding the ball at Cashels corner flag in the last minute for one game which I said id never do again and honestly thought at the time it was grand.

Ive had good games against Dowdus, Bonescap and Mark this season and against Mark I scored in the last minute and that game was end to end!

I have fun playing the game but you have yourself convinced I somehow cheat you out of winning. I dont think theres any need to apoligise for being good at the game.

I hope next season there is a record match feature so I wont have to listen to the likes of yourself or Yapa try and come up with some other thing to try and use as beating stick. We then could just stick up a video of the match and see!

What makes the league not fun is lads coming on here having sly digs and the like or bad sportsmanship like passing the ball along your back four or last man tackling craic.

Sure if I had cared so much about winning I wouldnt of asked to play our league game not having played the game for the best part of a week!

Tis a shame ya had to quit but sure if its no fun for the player its a fair enough decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

With the wimin quitting and pussying out, who the hell have I got to play? :)

Shame about the league falling apart as the lads put alot of effort into making all this happen. Cheers Moon and Axwell, I'm grateful for the leagues, keep on truckin' :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

@ Moon/ axwell
    I still have to play edna and db10.

Enda hasnt been online in 18 days. Ive sent messages to both but with no answer. Im moving next week so i have to terminate my internet at the end of the week.

Il be on later to play my remaining games if any of ye are about.

Bayern
    Benfica
    Ac
    Villareal
    Liverpool

EDIT: Just noticed all Corcaighs games have been void. Thought he had played all his games in the league? Kinda crappy to quit with none or one game remaining no?

Ah well hopefully next seasons league will be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I'll be on later to get games done.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

@ Moon/ axwell
    I still have to play edna and db10.

Enda hasnt been online in 18 days. Ive sent messages to both but with no answer. Im moving next week so i have to terminate my internet at the end of the week.
    Just played Paco.

I was sitebanned for two weeks and havent played any games since. Played 3 there.

Still 3 to go. Sorry for the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just finished my last game there . When will we know who's going up ?

Few questions:
    Whats the story with Enda Kenny, hes been offline for 18 days it seems, I've him to play twice. And several others, will he be be made void?

When is the league officially over and results totted up?

I've 4 games I'll play asap. 2 may be void though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just finished my last game there . When will we know who's going up ?

well judging how leagues work it's usually at the end ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    Il be on later to play my remaining games if any of ye are about.

Bayern
    Benfica
    Ac
    Villareal
    Liverpool

Sry Kirk just saw your msg there, i was actually on my pc watching the e3 coverage, but was talking to someone on xbox live. Just so ya know i wasn't ignoring you, but i'm around now if ya still want to play.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    Sry Kirk just saw your msg there, i was actually on my pc watching the e3 coverage, but was talking to someone on xbox live. Just so ya know i wasn't ignoring you, but i'm around now if ya still want to play.

No prob, I only noticed it said away after I checked the status. Not sure will I be on again tonight but if I am il play whenever!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

DB10 wrote: »
    Few questions:
    Whats the story with Enda Kenny, hes been offline for 18 days it seems, I've him to play twice. And several others, will he be be made void?

When is the league officially over and results totted up?

I've 4 games I'll play asap. 2 may be void though.

ive been waiting to play you. when will you next be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Theres a difference between being a defensive player and being good defensively.

Unfortunately corcaigh along with others in the league get frustrated and never see their own faults. He's the type of player who will always try and blame something or someone instead of trying to improve.

He called buds style a drone style of play before but I honestly don't think he realises he is even more boring himself.

Have a look at his online stats for goals scored. It's ridiculously low, but yet hel be on here giving out about certain people not playing the game right or being to defensive.

Such is life. People complain and blame others for their own faults. I doubt that will ever change.

I was going to not comment but you mentioned me in a post so meh. Your really good at H2H (so you say). You have beaten some 'top players' (so you have said)...even a guy who has won 20,000 (so you have said). So to do this...I should...play a nice ultra D mentality...custom tactics..sit everyone in my half...everyone...and then hit people on the counter attack...but not like Arsenal or other teams but Ill have to send my player on a run then when my player is in line with the defender...press LB AND Y (two buttons...Ill try but it sounds difficult)...and then wait for my attacker to get the ball OR the defender to get the ball and then my attacker will steal it from him during the chest animation...how often should I try this? O as much as I can...and when should I try it? O doesnt matter because the LB and Y works from anywhere, thanks. Playing for money seems to have extinguished your idea of fun...you can say its us that need to 'improve' but maybe if a lot of people are giving out about Hello Joe its your fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You're all a bunch of saps in the Prem. Bar 3 or 4 at most I'd say.

I was going to not comment but you mentioned me in a post so meh. Your really good at H2H (so you say). You have beaten some 'top players' (so you have said)...even a guy who has won 20,000 (so you have said). So to do this...I should...play a nice ultra D mentality...custom tactics..sit everyone in my half...everyone...and then hit people on the counter attack...but not like Arsenal or other teams but Ill have to send my player on a run then when my player is in line with the defender...press LB AND Y (two buttons...Ill try but it sounds difficult)...and then wait for my attacker to get the ball OR the defender to get the ball and then my attacker will steal it from him during the chest animation...how often should I try this? O as much as I can...and when should I try it? O doesnt matter because the LB and Y works from anywhere, thanks. Playing for money seems to have extinguished your idea of fun...you can say its us that need to 'improve' but maybe if a lot of people are giving out about Hello Joe its your fault?

Lol.I Bet you yesterday 4-1 I sent a gg msg, straight away you send me a message stating "how disgusting it is to know how much better you are than me at the game yet you loose". You really need to grow up.

How is it Yapa that I seem to get on grand with the likes of Parawind, Dowdus, Bonescap, Mark etc etc. Theres only a select few that feel the need to complain. Either because they dont like loosing....or cant accept loosing.

Im honestly sick of it. Your man santry red is right. The premiership is full of saps bar the odd few.

And Yapa next time you ask me to join your club team dont bother. I dont think I could stick listening to someone so self righteous as you.
    ..play a nice ultra D mentality...custom tactics..sit everyone in my half...everyone...and then hit people on the counter attack...

Lol just noticed that in your post. Now im convinced you know yourself you are lying. Because you know for a fact that on that site where those lads play for money you HAVE to play default.

Yapa I have now realised you are a spoofer!

Lol.I Bet you yesterday 4-1 I sent a gg msg, straight away you send me a message stating "how disgusting it is to know how much better you are than me at the game yet you loose". You really need to grow up.

I dont need to grow up, Ive got imagination and creativity on the game which is needed for playing a much better game mode like clubs...you lb and y all the time...people who do that in clubs are the lowest of the low.

How is it Yapa that I seem to get on grand with the likes of Parawind, Dowdus, Bonescap, Mark etc etc. Theres only a select few that feel the need to complain. Either because they dont like loosing....or cant accept loosing.

Yes its always the troublemakers like me and cashel lol, me and cashel play the game properly, none of this route 1 nonsense that you play...I know you can play ground football but choose not to.

Im honestly sick of it. Your man santry red is right. The premiership is full of saps bar the odd few.

And Yapa next time you ask me to join your club team dont bother. I dont think I could stick listening to someone so self righteous as you.

Ive asked you once to play, all the other times its bud, he thinks if your a good 1v1 player you are a good clubs player...wouldnt have you in anyway...my team were known for great football not LB and Y overuse.

Lol just noticed that in your post. Now im convinced you know yourself you are lying. Because you know for a fact that on that site where those lads play for money you HAVE to play default.

Yapa I have now realised you are a spoofer!

Yes you HAVE to play default...it doesnt stop people going ultra d on virgin...Im talking about the boards..course you have custom tactics...

The only grievance I had was you constantly trying LB and Ys over and over...you can defend that all you want...its just not fun to play against as Corcaigh said...ever tried just having fun...unranked game with default everything?? No

Yapa you know I don't use custom I can't stand them. How am I supposed to use them when I clck ready straight away. I don't even go in to change my starting 11 ffs.

If you hate playing 1v1 just don't play next season. Some of us like 1v1 some like clubs. Don't attack and insult someone just because you don't like loosing/ there style of play.

And for your info in ranked I Still play default. Just because you don't have fun doesn't mean I don't either. I wouldn't play it if I didn't!

If I ever get a capture card some day I'l record some matches for you and will show you exactly and it might stop your complaining!

Anyways I'm gunna leave it at that. People must be sick of reading these ****ty posts at this stage.

Yapa you know I don't use custom I can't stand them. How am I supposed to use them when I clck ready straight away. I don't even go in to change my starting 11 ffs.

If you hate playing 1v1 just don't play next season. Some of us like 1v1 some like clubs. Don't attack and insult someone just because you don't like loosing/ there style of play.

And for your info in ranked I Still play default. Just because you don't have fun doesn't mean I don't either. I wouldn't play it if I didn't!

If I ever get a capture card some day I'l record some matches for you and will show you exactly and it might stop your complaining!

Anyways I'm gunna leave it at that. People must be sick of reading these ****ty posts at this stage.

Im not attacking you..Im agreeing with Corcaigh and Cashel and Lamps and whoever else thinks Hello Joe is apt. Dont hate 1v1's, LOVE playing Macken, Corcaigh, Cashel, Hokem, Dowdus and even Bud...because they dont pack their half...get a capture card...In fact Ive got one, maybe someday ill record a league game from us.

Ive played a lot of good players and they never pack the box like you do or do as many LB and Y's...try playing a game without LB and Y's and it will open your horizons to a much more creative style of play...make you a better player like me :)

As Santry Red said, so much ****e talking from the Prem lads in this thread.

The post above mine has a guy objecting to people using through balls...:rolleyes:

Grow up ffs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its funny how people go on about others using LB+Y when most of them used to use the manual chip to death in FIFA 10 and would say its part of the game. Theres no difference at the end of day - its all part of the game that is FIFA, in FIFA 12 there is bound to be something else and we will have the same crap in the thread about that.

Now do everyone a favour and stop moaning and whinging about it all because no one else really cares. Take it to pm if ye want to continue it because its the same rants over and over again for the sake of arguing with each other. There was a stage where there was a possibility I may have been able to organise prizes for the leagues and it was because of this exact sort of crap that I didnt bother at the time. If this is the nonsense that goes on when its just for fun I can only imagine what it would be like if it was actually competitive.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    As Santry Red said, so much ****e talking from the Prem lads in this thread.

The post above mine has a guy objecting to people using through balls...:rolleyes:

Grow up ffs.

The post above mine has a lad who doesnt understand the game....maybe its clubs thing (which DB10 doesnt know anything about) but there are certain ways to play the game that are frowned upon in the Fifa community and constant LB and Y is not one of them, do you know the difference DB10 between the Y ball and LB and Y in terms of accuracy and consistency? IF you did you wouldnt have posted...where is the facepalm smiley when you need one FFS

edit: posted during your post Axwell so didnt see yours...x chip is different...you had to get a 1v1 to score it in the first place...ive had AMAZING games with Bud on Fifa 10...0-0 games where defending was key to stop someone getting a 1v1 which was essentially a goal. Fair play though on keeping up with the league though...90% of the games I play are decent and are playing a sporting manner.

In terms of gaming there are gaming communities whereby certain ways of play are frowned upon and seen as cheap...this forum isnt really one tbh...people have to accept that in every game there are 'cheese' tactics that are viewed as bad manners so I apologise for highlighting them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This isnt a competitive league or gaming community though, its people looking to play others for a bit of fun and around a league structure. A lot of players forget that and take it way too seriously.

Yapa you play in competitive leagues as do others im sure so maybe you might post some links to those and anyone that wants to play competitive leagues can go check those out.

As I said above FIFA 12 will have some new exploit and that will be used and be part of the league next year, if people are going to be moaning and complaining about every little thing in the game and how its in league games then maybe in advance they should consider if these leagues are for them anymore or if there are more competitive ones that suit what they prefer more.

Axwell wrote: »
    This isnt a competitive league or gaming community though, its people looking to play others for a bit of fun and around a league structure. A lot of players forget that and take it way too seriously.

Yapa you play in competitive leagues as do others im sure so maybe you might post some links to those and anyone that wants to play competitive leagues can go check those out.

As I said above FIFA 12 will have some new exploit and that will be used and be part of the league next year, if people are going to be moaning and complaining about every little thing in the game and how its in league games then maybe in advance they should consider if these leagues are for them anymore or if there are more competitive ones that suit what they prefer more.

I know what your saying, I dont play in competitive leagues really, I play clubs and there is an etiquette to how you should play, these same players play 1v1s the same way, I was just mentioning the overuse of something that hampered my enjoyment in comparison to other players in the league. Its not an attack or anything, kudos to kirk though he beat a guy who won 20,000 in a fifa tournament, I guess I need to get 'better'.

edit: Rahney Red I still have to play you.

The same thing exists in clubs Yapa, its just there are competitive clubs tournaments aswell the standard FIFA clubs option. People use all the same exploits on regular club matches, boost players etc etc. Its just within the competitive club tournaments that any sort of etiquette exists. Basically there will always be the difference between competitive and non competitive structures leagues and tournaments.

The same thing exists in clubs Yapa, its just there are competitive clubs tournaments aswell the standard FIFA clubs option. People use all the same exploits on regular club matches, boost players etc etc. Its just within the competitive club tournaments that any sort of etiquette exists.

I know of the clubs etiquette, Im staff on the biggest clubs forum, also manager of the number 1 club in the world :D

We got number 1 without doing ANY exploits in clubs...not one so Im a big advocate of certain ways of playing...playing more like real football as opposed to a simulation.

Yep it really has become a bit of a joke at this stage. Certain lads cant accept different styles of play etc.

Yapa is talking out of his arse regarding competitive gaming regarding lb and y being frowned upon. Ive played in tournaments with prize money at 5 grand and some of those games were against lads who only relied on that over the top to Ronaldo. But then there were Lads who tried lb and ys they tried possession play, wing play and all sorts of styles.

All manner of different styles. Because one person style might be tough for someone it doesnt mean they are "cheap" or "frowned" upon.

Last man tackling and passing among your back 4 are they only things ever frowned upon in those competitive games/tournaments.

Yapa, you spend more time playing clubs so its only natural you wont be as good as those who spend more time playing h2h.

Your fixed on this lb and y thing but maybe if you just shut up and learn how to defend against it you would be better off.

Only yesterday I had a really good league game against bonescap and he was bloody excellent, cancelled everything out and I couldnt find any way through.

Yapa unfortunately you think you are better than you are and I think thats where the problem is.

And as Axwell said the X chip was the cheapest thing going last year but we all learned how to defend against it.

Im sorry to everyone else in the forum to have to read this crap, but I wont let someone come on and claim "I dont understand" the game.

Its laughable Yapa it really is. Grow up or shut up one or the other.

Your what 25? 26? and your on here whining about someone who beat you at a poxy game of Fifa!

PM me if ya want to go any further as its a bit ridiculous at this stage.

I know of the clubs etiquette, Im staff on the biggest clubs forum, also manager of the number 1 club in the world :D

We got number 1 without doing ANY exploits in clubs...not one so Im a big advocate of certain ways of playing...playing more like real football as opposed to a simulation.

That wasnt the point I was making so not really interested on your position etc etc, the point was in clubs there is the same exploits and issues as there are in leagues and any other tournaments. Some are competitive and have a certain etiquette, others dont. Just because its etiquette in a certain tournament etc doesnt mean it applies everywhere else. Competitive leagues/tournaments are bound to have their own set of rules and etiquette but those differ from tournament to tournament. Thats the world of online gaming and applies to every game out there.

That wasnt the point I was making so not really interested on your position etc etc, the point was in clubs there is the same exploits and issues as there are in leagues and any other tournaments. Some are competitive and have a certain etiquette, others dont. Just because its etiquette in a certain tournament etc doesnt mean it applies everywhere else. Competitive leagues/tournaments are bound to have their own set of rules and etiquette but those differ from tournament to tournament. Thats the world of online gaming and applies to every game out there.

Im not talking about a tournaments rules, Im talking general etiquette when you play another team, like blocking keeper, pushing keeper, over the top balls etc...not governed by a particular body, when you play you just know what is ok to do...the only reason I mentioned my position was to show that Im aware of what is frowned upon and choose to play otherwise, anyway Ill keep to PMs now.

Everyone else can follow the same and keep it to pm's.
    I will be deleting any more of it and banning the person that posts on the subject, its the same nonsense thats been posted multiple times since FIFA 11 came out, it will be something else in FIFA 12..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Any word on Bonkers here lads in League 1. He's the only game I've left to play. He's offline on xbox live nd i think he's gone to silver membership too.

Advertisement