Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XRocker X-Deluxe/Recliner Deluxe

• 31-03-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello,

I was thinking about buying either the XRocker Recliner Deluxe or the XRocker X-Deluxe . I cant find much info on the X-Deluxe as I think its the newest (new is better right?) if someone could point me to info on this chair that would be sweet.

Has anyone bought either of these chairs, What is the quality like? Is it worth the money?

Also could anyone point me to a site that delivers these to Cork, as Amazon doesn't know when they will have it back in stock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i was think about getting one of the rockers but a few people i know said they didnt recommend it

so i bought a leather recliner and footstool in Atlantic homestore/woodies diy
    for 139 a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I Bought the same one in Atlantic for €139, Sturdy little chair and perfect height for gaming, I was looking at the X Rocker but it seems very low to the ground, I spend half the time leaning forward playing cod so I knew it wud not be a good idea, Bean bags are a no no to, Got a leather one and it sweat the arse off me haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

Im just wondering about the leather and foam quality. Did you actually try out the xrocker reliner deluxe?

No, I was shopping around for about a month and was considering gettin an office style chair as I lik sitting eye level with the TV, Unless the Xtrocker has a base on it, its hard to get into anything i reckon unless your just casual gaming. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

Hi,

I think your talking about the desk chair xrocker the ones im on about are these:

http://www.pyramatgamingchairs.co.uk/x-rocker/deluxe-x-rocker-recliner/

and

http://www.directgamesroom.com/proddetail.asp?prod=X-RockerMultimediaRecliner

the last one is the newer one i believe but seems to have less padding on the arms.

Thanks for your reply by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Myself and Dunworth had a long discussion on buying gaming chairs last summer. I ended up buying one off Ebay which turned out to be an awesome chair (after I made a few adjustments to the arm design :D).

The key elements to a perfect gaming chair are:

• Must be height, tilt adjustable but also the back must adjust too.
    • Must have very low arms, otherwise your elbows won't be comfortable when holding the controller in front of you.
    • Must have deep cushions on the seat or you run the risk of getting a numb ass on those extended sessions. Heaven forbid you might have to get up and walk around otherwise.
    • Leather type material, easier to clean after spilling that Redbull half way through your marathon session!
    • You don't need built in speakers, every hardcore gamer knows a proper surround sound/stereo headset will outperform whatever they put in the seat.
    • A separate footstool is far more useful than a full recliner. It can double as an extra chair/coffee table when required.
    I'm picking up a second chair for my den in a couple of weeks and will probably go for Dunworth's one. It seems to tick all the boxes. Just hope they come in red leather too!

EDIT: Here's a link to Dunworth's. Comes in black, cream, brown and glorious gaming red!!!
    http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10577&loc=P&catid=103.5.2

Myself and Dunworth had a long discussion on buying gaming chairs last summer. I ended up buying one off Ebay which turned out to be an awesome chair (after I made a few adjustments to the arm design :D).

The key elements to a perfect gaming chair are:

• Must be height, tilt adjustable but also the back must adjust too.
    • Must have very low arms, otherwise your elbows won't be comfortable when holding the controller in front of you.
    • Must have deep cushions on the seat or you run the risk of getting a numb ass on those extended sessions. Heaven forbid you might have to get up and walk around otherwise.
    • Leather type material, easier to clean after spilling that Redbull half way through your marathon session!
    • You don't need built in speakers, every hardcore gamer knows a proper surround sound/stereo headset will outperform whatever they put in the seat.
    • A separate footstool is far more useful than a full recliner. It can double as an extra chair/coffee table when required.
    I'm picking up a second chair for my den in a couple of weeks and will probably go for Dunworth's one. It seems to tick all the boxes. Just hope they come in red leather too!

EDIT: Here's a link to Dunworth's. Comes in black, cream, brown and glorious gaming red!!!
    http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10577&loc=P&catid=103.5.2

Yeah bought that chair myself in January, Havent looked back since, even though it swivels (drum roll here). Chair is top notch and easily assembled, well worth the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

Yeah bought that chair myself in January, Havent looked back since, even though it swivels (drum roll here). Chair is top notch and easily assembled, well worth the money!

Whats the name/type of the chair lads, does it have a brand name?

Advertisement