Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool suitable for young kids

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if people can recommend swimming pools suitable for parents and young kids around the Blanchardstown area? Was looking an Aquatic Centre website, and its €14 at the weekends for adults which is too steep for me. There are some lower prices for specific pools, but I not sure if they are aimed at dedicated lane swimmers, not kids splashing about.

How about places like the Castleknock Country Club? Can you pay in there and would it be reasonably priced and ok for kids? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Coolmine Sports Centre is relatively cheap.

www.coolminesports.com

Its perfectly functional. The dressing rooms aren't significantly different to the way they were 20 years ago, but that is the only drawback.

Regards,

Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks, I've heard from some people that their actually a good new pool in Ballymun now as well? Despite being a bit further away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a lovely pool in Finglas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Past30Now wrote: »

www.coolminesports.com

Its perfectly functional. The dressing rooms aren't significantly different to the way they were 20 years ago, but that is the only drawback.

Regards,

Past30

Yeah, I would agree with coolmine, its cheap and clean and fine for kids,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Past30Now wrote: »
    Compared to the National Aquatic Centre, the water in Coolmine is quite cool. Good for doing laps and for active kids, not so for younger kids that aren't doing much swimming (just floating around with arm bands).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

daymobrew wrote: »
    Compared to the National Aquatic Centre, the water in Coolmine is quite cool. Good for doing laps and for active kids, not so for younger kids that aren't doing much swimming (just floating around with arm bands).

I can't comment on the NAC as I've never been there, but the temperature of the water in Coolmine is adequate. My kids have been going there since they were about three to four months old. At that age, they would have stayed in for about 25 - 30 mins. Obviously, one of either Mrs Past or myself would have been moving them around in the water for the duration.

Advertisement