Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E68 Error

• 31-03-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Getting a very intermittant E68 error.

It most likely is a problem with my 2 year old 20gb hard drive from Hong Kong.

Symptoms:
    - Turn on Xbox with controller straight to E68
    - Manually turn off and on - fine again

Maybe coincidence but only seems to happen when powering up with controller.

Have plugged everything out ... left for 10 mins ... but problem has reappeared.

Any ideas? Want to be sure it's only the hard drive before buying a replacement.

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had same problem on my 20gb, nut it was not very often.

All I did: took out hdd, turned on xbox without hdd. Then turn it off. Let it sit for bit. Put in hdd. Did the truck for me.

Usually it some trouble with connection, dust or dirt etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

E68 is usually a poor connection between the console and HDD. might be a one time thing, but it could be a bad sign for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

For anyone interested - sorted the problem by clearing cache of the harddrives (Settings -> All Memory -> Y -> Clear Cache)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

That's good to know. Thanks for posting the fix, hope it's a permanent one for you.

Advertisement