Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio station?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, could anyone tell me the name of a local radio station that peole in celbridge listen to and also the local paper ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

KFM, about 97.6FM. Dunno about the local paper, maybe Liffey Champion?

Google is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Id say the Liffey Champion more then the Leinster Leader.
    The Liffey Champion is mostly NW kildare focused imo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd doubt many people in Celbridge *actually* listen to Kfm, try the Dublin stations. Kfm has woeful listenership figures and most south Kildare at that.

Champion definitely for local paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There's that newish radio station i105 i think its called. that's fairly popular in that region

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JDfan

AFAIK KFM is one of the best performing regional stations, sports show on Sunday is great, btw Im north Kildare.

JDfan wrote: »
    AFAIK KFM is one of the best performing regional stations, sports show on Sunday is great, btw Im north Kildare.

You know wrong. Dead last in the entire country in weekday reach figures. Never gets out of the bottom five in any metric.

http://www.bai.ie/pdfs/20110217_jnlr-jandec2010_pk.pdf

Its listeners are mainly very, VERY old also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

top notch for local GAA news

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

MYOB wrote: »
    You know wrong. Dead last in the entire country in weekday reach figures. Never gets out of the bottom five in any metric.

http://www.bai.ie/pdfs/20110217_jnlr-jandec2010_pk.pdf

Its listeners are mainly very, VERY old also.

Actually no - you are incorrect.

While it is not performing as well as the majority of other local stations it is still getting a greater weekly reach than ALL of the national stations in Kildare. It also has a greater weekday share than all of the National stations.

So please - examine the figures first. KFM is a good local station that is starting to establish itself in a very busy Kildare market. Remember, most radio listeners in Kildare can also tune into all of the Dublin stations.

As a rule - the further away you go from Dublin - the more popular local stations are.

twenty8 wrote: »
    Actually no - you are incorrect.

While it is not performing as well as the majority of other local stations it is still getting a greater weekly reach than ALL of the national stations in Kildare. It also has a greater weekday share than all of the National stations.

So please - examine the figures first. KFM is a good local station that is starting to establish itself in a very busy Kildare market. Remember, most radio listeners in Kildare can also tune into all of the Dublin stations.

As a rule - the further away you go from Dublin - the more popular local stations are.

Figures don't lie - its doing woefully. Do you work for them, perchance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

No - I have absolutely no connection to them at all.

Just because you don't like the station - does not mean that it is not popular by other segments of people living in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm from celbridge and listen to mostly Dublin stations like spin103.8, fm104 or 98fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

If you are looking for a good local station check out http://www.i105107.ie/ - great selection of music and not too much talking! Modern style of pop/dance hits.

Advertisement