Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

Got the deer hunting liscense application in the post this AM.Sameo same o as last year.Am I the first to get this or has anyone else got theirs yet??
    Frankly,this could do with an overhaul what with three year liscenses of rifles,its a bit of a PITA.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

So does this mean I can apply for my licence now?
    I assumed that it was too early yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Got the deer hunting liscense application in the post this AM.Sameo same o as last year.Am I the first to get this or has anyone else got theirs yet??
    Frankly,this could do with an overhaul what with three year liscenses of rifles,its a bit of a PITA.:rolleyes:

That was quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

No post for me today, but I think it was around April last year I got mine

@Glensman, yes. Apply now for 2011/12

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭podge.243
    Paul Murphy

Yep i got mine in the post today to:D im goin to send it off asap roll on the 1st of sept:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

just wondering can you apply for a deer licence at anytime of year or is there a certain date it must be done by? And what is needed to apply for a licence?

Tommy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

as far as i remember details of your deer calbre rifle, 2 farmers written permission(farmers with deer on their land), and think you can apply any time of year, obviously the earlier you apply the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    just wondering can you apply for a deer licence at anytime of year or is there a certain date it must be done by? And what is needed to apply for a licence?

Tommy

Afriend bought a .243 last year, applied for his deer license first week of febuary and had it for the last week of the season! He did not have his gun by then tho! The license was only until the end of July so he had to reapply again for september.

@Podge.243 I have always been told not to sent off the forms till June/July because as it says on the form they don't start processing them until August!

Reason being if I sent in my application now it would be left somewhere until the summer and may get lost/overlooked!

Then again they may be nothing to worry about! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭podge.243
    Paul Murphy

patsat wrote: »
    Afriend bought a .243 last year, applied for his deer license first week of febuary and had it for the last week of the season! He did not have his gun by then tho! The license was only until the end of July so he had to reapply again for september.

@Podge.243 I have always been told not to sent off the forms till June/July because as it says on the form they don't start processing them until August!

Reason being if I sent in my application now it would be left somewhere until the summer and may get lost/overlooked!

Then again they may be nothing to worry about! ;)
    ye gud thinking patsat thanks for that. knowin my look they'd loose it cheer's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Sorry lads, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm doing the HCAP in a couple of weeks time and the range test in May I think.
    Am I right in saying that I cant apply yet for the hunting license until I passed these first ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

vixdname wrote: »
    Sorry lads, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm doing the HCAP in a couple of weeks time and the range test in May I think.
    Am I right in saying that I cant apply yet for the hunting license until I passed these first ?

HCAP is a Coillte/wsi/ids gig

Nothing to do with NPWS thank god.
    Apply as normal..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

got my application today,best to get them in early before the rush in august

Advertisement