Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Bluescreens of Death!!!!AAARRRRHHHHH

• 31-03-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

i was away for the week on holidays and gave my brother my laptop for the week(1st Mistake)

Anyway i got back and he says something is wrong with your laptop so i asked what he had been doing on it and he told me he downloaded p2p software eMule.(yes i did box him)

so i booted it up and boots into windows and could last 30 seconds to 5 mins before bluescreen comes up.

1st one is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    2ND one is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    SEE ATTACHED IMAGES BELOW.

what is frustrating is i try to boot into safe mode to run malwarebytes to get rid of what ever eMule did. and i get halway through a scan,computer crashes blue screen comes up. the 2nd bluescreen DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the most frequent one that comes up but on occasion the 1st one does.

so my method of thinking was if the laptop cant stay on long enough to do a scan then just restore the laptop with clean install/restore.

my laptop is asus x5d1j and is running windows 7 home premium 64bit.
    4gb of ram
    250gb hard drive.

it did not come with a windows 7 disk so when i 1st got the laptop i was prompted to do a recovery disk/iso image of the system.

so i restored the laptop using this method. that worked fine
    but it didnt fix my blue screen issue. even restored to the factory state in which i got it. the bluescreens keep happening.

Any thoughts/hints/or help please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

The second blue screen could indicate faulty drivers or even hardware issues. If you could get hold of a windows 7 installation CD and boot to recovery menu options and try a system restore using it.

It could also be the RAM acting up. Windows 7 has memory diagnostics than you can run as far as I know. or even remove the RAM and replace it and reboot.

Advertisement