Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tech help needed for possible fraud.

• 31-03-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

last night i went to google search and typed in my phone number. a match came up for some website which had mine and alot of people's personal details. it has a user name that i use,the password,my name, address, d.o.b, email address and telephone number.

Im just looking for advice on what way to go about it and what way to get it taken down? if you go to googles page and type in this number 0872799435 it will bring you to the website im talking about. That's not my number by the way, just a random one i took off it. Cheers. (apologies if im not suppose to post this topic here, couldn't find where to post it)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems someone hacked cvrecruit.ie and stole that info.
    universitytimes.ie was another target.

Did you report it to cvrecruit and let them chase it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

contact cvrecruit.ie looks like a insecure database of theirs that you are on. Looks like they were hacked, and data is out there already though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the grinder 10

but when i try to go onto cv recruit the page wont even load. I contacted google and they said they could'nt do anything about it because it's an external web page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It loads for me but with many errors.
    Doesn't look like their site has been updated since last year.
    From their site, their contact email is doormat@cvrecruit.ie

You can also make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2f.htm&CatID=21&m=r

I rang the data protection commisioner ,they told me it wasn't their problem. i rang harcourt garda station and they were very rude said contact my local garda station who i can't imagine doing anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

How is it "not their problem" ?

i don't know to be honest, i cant understand why they would say its not their promlem but that's what they told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Use the data protection commisioners site to log a complaint.
    The complaint will then be recorded on the system and they will have to give you a reason by email why they cannot do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dataprotection.ie: Alan

I should like to make it clear that I am speaking on behalf of the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. I noticed your post while researching this issue on foot of a phone call to this Office this afternoon regarding the security breach. I am not sure who you spoke to previously, but this Office has resources in place to address just this kind of data security breach problem. We've taken the details located the page. At the initial stage we will focus on securing the information, in this case the removal of the data. We will pursue the matter further once we have identified the data controller responsible.

Yours sincerely,

Alan O'Grady,
    Senior Compliance Officer,
    Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

There is a thread about this posted here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056224970

• Advertisement
Advertisement