Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribeman - Another new newspaper

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

burlington wrote: »
    Yeehaw, please accept my apologies for my earlier post.

No worries burlington. I hope you are well, whoever you are.

shaggykev wrote: »
    How sad. Enjoy your life, try and find one outside of the internet

You too Yeehaw

Just get back to work or I will be on the blower to your superiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

Make sure you log into the right account yeehaw/burlington when you post

And easy on the lemons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thread....

oil-rig-explosion.jpeg

shaggykev wrote: »
    Make sure you log into the right account yeehaw/burlington when you post

And easy on the lemons

Lemons? What? I can assure you that I do not know the scarlet pimpernel-esque 'burlington' character

They seek him here
    They seek him here
    Those bookmakers' employees seek him everywhere
    Is he in heaven?
    Or is he in hell?
    That damned, elusive
    burlington

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 burlington

Shaggykev, I will back up Yeehaw on this one and assure you that we are not the same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

For a bit of madness, I'm going to go back on topic. Saw the paper, best of luck to them and all that but dear God it is brutal. Their front page story is about something that happened nearly 2 weeks ago, there are spelling mistakes throughout the paper, nothing news-worthy in it, sport is shocking - everything that is happening in Galway, and the best they can come up with is a report on a club match from 10 days ago, and lifting the hurling report from other reports? I remember the first Galway Indo edition when it came out and there is no comparison between that and this tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wohoo, I haven't banned anyone in a while so well done burlington, you win a long holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Columc wrote: »
    What ever happened to Galway First?
    I really liked that paper. The sports section was massive.

The Tribesman not available online at all so?

Couldn't see it anywhere myself.

Literally does not cost anything to host pdf's online in a reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Any one know who the backers are ? Was going to go for a job there but can't find any info. on them and they won't tell. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Seems to be a bit dodge and badly run, I asked them where their paper was available and no reply...Def wont be advising anyone to read this paper... Strange how they won't mention their backers...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

galway008 wrote: »
    Any one know who the backers are ? Was going to go for a job there but can't find any info. on them and they won't tell. Strange.
    It's probably privately funded hence the reluctance to provide that information publicly?
    Mike... wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit dodge and badly run, I asked them where their paper was available and no reply...Def wont be advising anyone to read this paper... Strange how they won't mention their backers...
    It's a small business - the domain registration indicates 'sole trader' and they've just got the first issue out. Give the people involved a chance before badmouthing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

I was just trying to see if they would be around in 6/12 months time. Anyway they have an office in Oranmore, I spoke to the "editor" he was quite rude and arrogant so I won't be applying.

That wouldn't surprise me if you led with what you said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

I live in The Heartland of this Newspapers target audience and have never seen any issue of it, from their website and the comments on this thread I ain't missing much

Advertisement