Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting for FIS

• 31-03-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, My husband is working and I have lost my job. He is full time. We have been told we can claim FIS and it would be more beneficial to do that than for me to sign on apparantly but problem is when I rang they told me I would be waiting 3 months for it. They told me I could go to the community welfare officer in the meantime but with my husband working full time will i be laughed out of the place? We are getting by just about at the moment but I have a lot off bills coming up (car tax/insurance ect and household bills too) and dont think the FIS will come through in time.

Should I bother going to them to help me in the meantime? I could pay it back when the FIS comes in.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you should make a claim for FIS now,then see your local CWO if and when money gets tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Hi, My husband is working and I have lost my job. He is full time. We have been told we can claim FIS and it would be more beneficial to do that than for me to sign on apparantly but problem is when I rang they told me I would be waiting 3 months for it. They told me I could go to the community welfare officer in the meantime but with my husband working full time will i be laughed out of the place? We are getting by just about at the moment but I have a lot off bills coming up (car tax/insurance ect and household bills too) and dont think the FIS will come through in time.

Should I bother going to them to help me in the meantime? I could pay it back when the FIS comes in.

If you go to the CWO your husbands income will be assessed as means. They will only give a payment if your husbands income is below the rate for your family size, such as €188+124.80 and 29.80 for each child. I dont know how many children you have, but if it is one then the Family rate for your size will be €342.60, there are minor disregards such as travel and PRSI taken of the wages. IF your husbands income is below the rate mentined,the CWO will bring up up to the rate for the family size as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Versus

I have changed my address recently. How to contact FIS to change my address there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Here you go:
    Family Income Supplement (FIS) Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford
    Ireland

Advertisement