Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fields up the back of Hillview & Horses

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

bollocky havent heard of that mans name in years haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

lol bollocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

dlofnep wrote: »
    lol bollocky.

Who is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

I remember that name, didn't they used to call the Hillview Gap "The Bollockies"?

Gah, I'm all nostalgic now, I miss those fields :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The field behind where the nettle camp was used to be bollockies.

• Advertisement

Pac413 wrote: »
    Nope it was up by where the map legend is displayed.

Erm, there's no legend on that map. If you click Pan and move the + to it you can copy the link.

Erm, there's no legend on that map. If you click Pan and move the + to it you can copy the link.
    There was when I clicked on it. Ill check it properly when Im on PC. The red cross seemed to be down the cornfields direction

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

It looks to me like the red x is down near the fields that you get to through Witches Lane.... I think what Seanybiker meant is that bollocky's is beside the menu that's on the right hand side of the screen.

• Advertisement

It's all relative to the resolution of your screen.

The URL updates when you move the + so it's easy to copy a link to it.

Bollocky's field is full of houses now. It used to be by the mount sion pitch (2 fields behind it), and half of it was a steep slant. Legend was it that it was owned by a fella called Bollocky, and that he'd shoot anyone on sight. I don't know the farmer's actual real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

the nettle camp:) theres a name i forgot

many's the friday night nacker drinkin in the pit;)

Typhoon. wrote: »
    the nettle camp:) theres a name i forgot

many's the friday night nacker drinkin in the pit;)

Must have met ya at some stage so. I used to live in there almost haha

Smoked my first fag and had my first can in the nettle camp. Recognise.

Smoked my first fag and had my first can in the nettle camp. Recognise.

I smoked my first joint in there. I remember it and all. Was crapping meself thinking I was gonna be strung out for months after it haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

seanybiker wrote: »
    I smoked my first joint in there. I remember it and all. Was crapping meself thinking I was gonna be strung out for months after it haha.

****ty lol

lol...

Anyways, still no response from the council :( Said 24 hours in their site.

lol...

Anyways, still no response from the council :( Said 24 hours in their site.
    Send them an email a day. Worked for Andy dufresne

Council gave me a ring today.

The basic jist of it is, they probably won't be able to move the horses anytime soon - but that new legislation is either passed or is in the process of being passed where travelling families (and indeed all horse owners) will be required to obtain a license for owning a horse, and prove that they have suitable land and stables for the animal. If they cannot, it will be taken off of them. The guy is new to the position (environment), so he wasn't sure who owns the land off the top of his head, but assumes it to be council land. He said he'll get back to me on it.

Now in reality, I don't see any of this happening. So essentially - we are stuck in a situation where the local travelling family have taken over 4 fields to cater to an over abundance of horses, and the residents that have walked their dogs through these fields for nearly 3 decades can't do a thing about it.

Looks like my dog won't be going for a free run in the field anytime soon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    Send them an email a day. Worked for Andy dufresne

Yeah, but all you'll get is a bunch of fookin books for a library......pissed myself when I read that one Seany buyy......

Advertisement