Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam timetable a disaster!??

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Anyone else get the worst timetable for the exams? moving out of the digs on april 19th and live in cork... a lot of my exams start at 9 and dont finish till 8 .. there are very few buses or trains thats are available around those times, i know no1 in dublin and dont drive... anyone any ideas!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Get somewhere to stay for the 2 weeks?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Stay in a hostel. Make a dublin friend. Go out on the pull and shack up with someone. Walk to wexford. Get a really expensive cab. Dance on grafton street for hotel money. Chat up the invigilator and see if he can *ahem* make some arrangements. Construct a rudimentary shelter out of books and stationary (tippex makes a decent adhesive). Divest a homeless person of their sleeping bag and find a comfy doorframe. Learn how to apparate between now and then. Find an abandoned house to squat in. Camp in the JJ library (á la Black Books).

Think outside the box! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

check out www.d4hotels.ie cheap rooms they might even reduce the rate for long term stay

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I start at 9am the first day and finish at 8pm the last day. I only do 5 modules, I hoped it would be a bit nicer :P

fluorescence's ideas are nothing short of brilliant though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Ask your landlord if you could rent a room for the time your exams are on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Talk to your landperson about staying up for the exams? And, for next time, Plan Better. Commuting up from Wexford on an exam by exam basis is a plain bad idea, you'd be better off to just rent long enough to cover it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Rosita

fluorescence's ideas are nothing short of brilliant though :p

Not sure about that. Walking to Wexford in order to do an exam in UCD might just be an eensy-weensy bit short of brilliant.

Rosita wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Walking to Wexford in order to do an exam in UCD might just be an eensy-weensy bit short of brilliant.

I was referring to getting home afterwards, but if the OP is an extra bit special, who knows? It might work :P

Perhaps you need to visit the doctor and see if they have something for the irony deficient.

Perhaps you need to visit the doctor and see if they have something for the irony deficient.

Perhaps you could divert your energy to encouraging reasonable suggestions for the OP around exam-time and not worry about my irony 'deficient'?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you could divert your energy to encouraging reasonable suggestions for the OP around exam-time and not worry about my irony 'deficient'?

Would actually be your irony deficiency. I think even the OP would appreciate fluorescence was being humorous and not in a cruel way either. There have been lots of reasonable suggestions for the OP, including my own earlier in the thread. My favourites are enquiring about staying an extra 2 weeks in digs or finding cheap accommodation.

Allow me to apologise most profusely for giving suggestions that were not entirely serious. I didn't realise the UCD forums had become PI.

Allow me to apologise most profusely for giving suggestions that were not entirely serious.

Allowed.

Would actually be your irony deficiency.

Oh right then. I'll have to get that seen to so. If it was just the ould iron deficient I might have plodded along.

Oh right then. I'll have to get that seen to so. If it was just the ould iron deficient I might have plodded along.

I think you missed my not exactly serious point that the word is actually deficiency. You can be deficient, but you have a deficiency. Odd explaining that given my original line was about irony and a lack thereof!

Oh and I said IRONY not iron!

I think you missed my not exactly serious point that the word is actually deficiency. You can be deficient, but you have a deficiency. Odd explaining that given my original line was about irony and a lack thereof!

Oh and I said IRONY not iron!

Odd explaining that given my original line was about irony and a lack thereof!

Very odd. Ironic even. If you search my last few posts you might find a little dollop of irony in there which clearly bypassed you first time round. :p

Odd explaining that given my original line was about irony and a lack thereof!

Very odd. Ironic even. If you search my last few posts you might find a little dollop of irony in there which clearly bypassed you first time round. :p

Well you were still using the wrong word. So it was ironic I was explaining something about a reply I gave about irony. I didn't say you didn't get it or that your last 2 posts were not ironic.

Well you were still using the wrong word. So it was ironic I was explaining something about a reply I gave about irony. I didn't say you didn't get it or that your last 2 posts were not ironic.

You should have quit while you were ahead. The series of double-negatives in your last sentence smacks of sullen defensiveness.

It's not really that important. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

wow!!!!!! just read the replies ... its entertainment neway haha... nd why should this thread b serious?? - nothin wrong wid harmless irony!

corkman123 wrote: »
    wow!!!!!! just read the replies ... its entertainment neway haha... nd why should this thread b serious?? - nothin wrong wid harmless irony!

Okay so - I would recommend you stay in London during the exams and fly over on the 6.30 flight from Stansted every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

london?? ... i live in cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Okay so - I would recommend you stay in London during the exams and fly over on the 6.30 flight from Stansted every morning.

Oh the irony!

You genuinely couldn't make this up! :D

Advertisement