Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you love to come back with a sequel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Crytek UK are meant to reveal a game at this years E3 surely that'll be TimeSplitters 4.Totally agree about Enslaved 2 although I though the last chapter of the original lost a bit of what made the previous chapters Magic (Monkey AND Trip).
    Would love to see more games from Cing (the guys who made Hotel Dusk,Last Window & Another Code) sadly the Company went bust.They'd of made a Superb Kinect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Homeworld, nothing else really quiet like it, a proper 720° space RTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

F1ngers wrote: »
    The only game above that I don't know whether it has a sequel on not is Wings of Wor.
    Sequels for the others are in red.

Not exactly coming back with a sequel though, as much as just having had them at the time.

Personally I'd love to see Altered Beast coming back. I also agree on Streets Of Rage. If you ask me, it's begging for a big of modern day-ery. Hell, throw in fighting Force too (just for sh1ts and giggles). Also, Descent! I don't remember anything happening after the second Descent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

+1 for a third Homeworld game, or even just another expansion.

As for unmentioned games, I'd love another Psychonauts game. I saw in the current gen remake thread someone wanted a remake of Psychonauts which it simply doesn't need at all, it needs a sequel. The ending even set up a sequel. Alas, probably not going to happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

PsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonautsPsychonauts.

Psychonauts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Pacman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

eternal darkness or mechwarrior but i have final say on ANYTHING they try and do. dont trust em! ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobdole968

carmageddon would be cool with modern graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Future Cop L.A.P.D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

I've always been praying there would be a sequel to Oddworld Stranger Wrath. In my opinion one of the most inventive and underrated games of the last generation.

While the later stages of the game descend into a predictable shooter, the earlier portions of the game were fantastic. Capturing bounties was immensely satisfying, and the Wild West/sci-fi setting was pitch perfect.

It was also one of the few games that made me genuinely laugh, particularly the game's ingenious use of animals as weapon's and the great voice acting. :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind seeing something new happen in the Legacy Of Kain universe. I loved the Soul Reaver and Blood Omen games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

+1 Psychonauts.

I'd also like to see a sequel to "Star Wars: Republic Commando", a seriously underrated game. It also ended on a cliffhanger which I really wanted to see resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The world needs SWAT 5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Jazzy wrote: »
    eternal darkness or mechwarrior but i have final say on ANYTHING they try and do. dont trust em! ¬_¬
    The latter is getting a sequel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Descent. With those new 3D TVs. Remember feeling seasick when it was only on a 2D screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Black by criterion games. Was a great game on the ps2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 I played on snes emulator lately I'd even love to see back as is even on new consoles etc are Zombies ate my neighbors and syndicate :)

Oh and finally a new Z.O.E please, oh oh and a sequel to Shadow of Memories from the ps2 (anyone else love that one??? )

iMuse wrote: »
    Black by criterion games. Was a great game on the ps2
    Bodycount is seen as the spiritual successor to that game so it'll probably be your best bet for awhile. Pity Stuart Black has left the team though, does make me a little suspicious about what's going on over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Parasite eve. Not that **** named third birthday, but a proper new part. Or a remake of first one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

A new Gex enter the Gecko / deap cover Gecko a return to platforing will be great i think it will work best on the 3DS or the wii not so much PS3 or xbox

But if it was to be made like ratchet and clank with guns i think we will be on for a winner here on the PS3 side but a platforer on the Wii or 3DS.

It has been over 12 years now since we last seen GEX i think it can be relaunched very easy on my part and will sell ok

There is so many new games out there that can be remade to greatness
    and i hoping that Nintendo remake starfox64 3DS great on the 3DS because i remainder playing this when i was a child and i loved it so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm probably the only person on the face of the earth who's hankering for another Dynasty Tactics or Lost Kingdoms! Ah well I can always dream!

Which reminds me of...

This game in a new engine along the lines of Relic's Essence Engine would be ****ing awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How has no one mentioned Freespace 3? Shame on your people, shame! It's the first game i thought of when i saw the title. Freespace 2 is the pinnacle of space flight sims. No other game has come close to it. I mean who can forget 'Dive! Dive! Dive! Hit your burners pilot!' while a giant super capital ship is meters away from crashing into you. Awesome game.

Also, +1 for Homeworld sequel/expansion/reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

What about Baldur's Gate III? It would have been awesome! There were rumours for a year or so after Throne of Bhaal that there was going to be a followup but it never happened. Oh well!

Kiith wrote: »
    How has no one mentioned Freespace 3? Shame on your people, shame! It's the first game i thought of when i saw the title. Freespace 2 is the pinnacle of space flight sims. No other game has come close to it. I mean who can forget 'Dive! Dive! Dive! Hit your burners pilot!' while a giant super capital ship is meters away from crashing into you. Awesome game.

Also, +1 for Homeworld sequel/expansion/reboot.
    While the gameplay in FS2 was superior I still found the story in FS1 to be the better of the two.

RIP Colossus. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Apolloyon wrote: »
    What about Baldur's Gate III? It would have been awesome! There were rumours for a year or so after Throne of Bhaal that there was going to be a followup but it never happened. Oh well!

I'd have real fears for it's quality after their recent games ..... I'm looking at you Dragon age 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apolloyon wrote: »
    calex71 wrote: »
    I'd have real fears for it's quality after their recent games ..... I'm looking at you Dragon age 2

I'd love them to do a sequel, but not use a fancy 3d viewpoint. Give me a good isometric view, similar to Diablo 3, and give me a game with the quality of the Baldurs Gate series. I enjoyed both Dragon Ages, but i think the days of games with stories like Baldurs Gate are past us :(
    gizmo wrote: »
    While the gameplay in FS2 was superior I still found the story in FS1 to be the better of the two.

RIP Colossus. :(

I think i prefered Fresspace 2 because it was the first one that i played. I agree that Freespace 1 was amazing, and some things about it were better (first time you met the Lucifer for example), but i still prefered the 2nd. The Sathanas, the covert-ops missions, the GTD Aquitane. And the Colossus :(

Also, i absolutely loved the 'bad' endind. Just seemed more like something my character would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As a few have said above:

Carmageddon - First "racing" game i ever loved, but don't do it with zombies ffs!

Destruction Derby - An update that brings the brilliance of DD2 back! What a game! (Didn't think much of the last PS2 DD)

Legacy of Kain - Best series of games ever, but the ending probably killed all hopes of another one, as did the death of Tony Jay...

Timesplitters - Hopefully will be out soon, and will be more like TS1 & 2, and not Future Perfect...

Kurushi - Not everyones cup of tea, but i loved it!

Shenmue - Long overdue, and eagerly awaited (they'll make it some day!)

Psychonauts - Even though Tim said there will never be another one...

G-Police - Remember loving that game!

There's more, but i can't think right now!

Wouldn't mind seeing the Bloody Roar game return from the dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Destruction Derby - An update that brings the brilliance of DD2 back! What a game! (Didn't think much of the last PS2 DD)

G-Police - Remember loving that game!

G-Police and Destruction Derby. Champions.

Advertisement