Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naff 80s gear

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Am going to an 80s fancy dress gig next month, and need to get my hands on some 80s gear. Specifically a shell suit. As naff as possible. Anyone know any shops in Dubland that tick the boxes? Apart from Eagar Beaver.

Much obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

(Ooh are you going to Spring Break- jealous) ;)

But in answer to your question, I was at a eighties themed gig too once and what people wore was lots of neon and there was a lot of guys in running shorts, armbands (the fluffy kind) and visors. For the girls, everyone raided Penny's for neon stuff and most of the cheap shops on Henry Street. You can pick up plenty of eighties looking sunglasses in Penny's at the mo. Don't forget to roll up the sleeves on your t-shirt.

The other option is dress up as someone iconic. I spotted Robocop, Richard Gere from an Officer and a Gentlemen. Depends on your gender OP.

If I can make a suggestion, Rambo, Cher and Tom Cruise in Top Gun, Madonna in her goth period. They would all look fab on you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Go into Dublin City Centre, accost any person in the 15-30 age group and steal their clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

diddlybit wrote: »
    (Ooh are you going to Spring Break- jealous) ;)

I wondered how long it would take for someone to cop it! Greatest band ever!:D

But in answer to your question, I was at a eighties themed gig too once and what people wore was lots of neon and there was a lot of guys in running shorts, armbands (the fluffy kind) and visors. For the girls, everyone raided Penny's for neon stuff and most of the cheap shops on Henry Street. You can pick up plenty of eighties looking sunglasses in Penny's at the mo. Don't forget to roll up the sleeves on your t-shirt.

Oh I'm a bit of a Spring Break groupie, but I always wear the same gear. I looked 80s alright, but more like Corkie from Life Goes On than anything else!:p I need to shake it up a bit. There's enough deja vu with the songs, without me wearing the same thing for the 10th gig in a row!

The other option is dress up as someone iconic. I spotted Robocop, Richard Gere from an Officer and a Gentlemen. Depends on your gender OP.

Was looking at that, but it's a tad expensive. It's hard to explain spending 10 times more on your gear for a gig than the cost of the ticket!
    If I can make a suggestion, Rambo, Cher and Tom Cruise in Top Gun, Madonna in her goth period. They would all look fab on you:D

Everything looks fab on me!;)
    stovelid wrote: »
    Go into Dublin City Centre, accost any person in the 15-30 age group and steal their clothes.

I tried that. The judge had never heard of Spring Break so my explanation didn't wash. He had heard of common aassalut though...:(

Advertisement