Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'from date' on visa debit card

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is or where to get it? I have a permanent tsb visa debit card and this seems to be required when filling in card details online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd like to know about this myself, a few years back they dropped the from date and while its not been a problem for me I'm curious as to why they changed it.

Have you tried just inputing the expiry date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd like to know about this myself, a few years back they dropped the from date and while its not been a problem for me I'm curious as to why they changed it.

Have you tried just inputing the expiry date?

I've only noticed it on one site so far but I've bought stuff off that site before and I don't remember having to input the from date. They require the expiry date too but I could try inputting that for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Leave from date blank if you don't have one. Otherwise do 12 months prior to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Some cards do not have one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Anyone know what this is or where to get it? I have a permanent tsb visa debit card and this seems to be required when filling in card details online.

I have the same card and never been asked for it online. As far as I know, they started the roll out in August or September last year, so maybe try that if it won't allow you to leave it blank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I never seen a site that required a from date for a card. Some ask for it but you can leave it blank. On another note, is there a limit on the Permanent TSB visa debit card apart from what's in your bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The daily limits on the Visa Debit Card are:
    Cash withdrawal - €700 per day
    Debit Card Transaction - €1,500 per transaction (max of €2,500 within a 24 hour period)
    Cashback - €100 per Debit Card Transaction (max of €300 within a 24 hour period)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mike65 wrote: »
    The daily limits on the Visa Debit Card are:
    Cash withdrawal - €700 per day
    Debit Card Transaction - €1,500 per transaction (max of €2,500 within a 24 hour period)
    Cashback - €100 per Debit Card Transaction (max of €300 within a 24 hour period)

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I never seen a site that required a from date for a card. Some ask for it but you can leave it blank. On another note, is there a limit on the Permanent TSB visa debit card apart from what's in your bank account?

I've only noticed it on wiggle. I think I've tried leaving it blank but didn't work (trying again as can't remember what I've tried at this stage)

Advertisement