Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello

• 31-03-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I found my first fossil by chance a couple of weeks ago. I've always been interested in Paleontology (who isn't at some level). And finding what remained of that tiny little fossilised sea creature awoke that little kid in me that loved dinosaurs.

It surprises me just how wide the field is...........

I guess what I'm looking for here is to learn more than anything.

So I'm looking forward to reading more about the subject here before I launch into what would end up being a very rewarding, but very time consuming hobby. I'm too darn old to make it anything more than that. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Welcome to the forum Alvin, I am sure you will find a lot of information that you will find useful in here. And of course we do werever we can, give answers and opinions too. So if you want to ask something please feel free to do so.

We all learned what we know (or don't know in my case):D somewhere along the way so are willing to assist you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Hello all.

I found my first fossil by chance a couple of weeks ago. I've always been interested in Paleontology (who isn't at some level). And finding what remained of that tiny little fossilised sea creature awoke that little kid in me that loved dinosaurs.

It surprises me just how wide the field is...........

I guess what I'm looking for here is to learn more than anything.

So I'm looking forward to reading more about the subject here before I launch into what would end up being a very rewarding, but very time consuming hobby. I'm too darn old to make it anything more than that. :D

Do you know what the fossil was of? Have you pics and see if someone here can identify it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

yekahS wrote: »
    Do you know what the fossil was of? Have you pics and see if someone here can identify it?
    No idea for certain as only the cross section of the shell is visible. I gave it to my soon to be daughter as a curiosity. I'll have a picture of the actual fossil in a few days. (when I get back home)

It's tiny though, I'll picture it next to a 1c coin if that helps identify the type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Already having a lot of fun talkin to you, Alvin :D

Hey guys, no fair, no one actually gave me a welcome when I joined like, last week or something!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Adam Khor wrote: »

Hey guys, no fair, no one actually gave me a welcome when I joined like, last week or something!:mad:

Welcome!:P

• Advertisement

Welcome!:P

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Two new users in the space of a week...
    I've been running this place since pretty close to the begining (the Palaeontology forum's equivalent of the Cambrian) and I've never seen the place so busy (interprate freely). Bear in mind Rubecula hasn't been around that long either.
    Welcome all!!! :)

PS: Adam, i sent a visitor message to your profile welcoming you

Galvasean wrote: »

True... you will live for now. ;)

Adam Khor wrote: »

Well hullo there Adam, haven't you got better things to do than come here?:D:D:D:D

No, nobody has better things to do than to come here! :mad:

• Advertisement

ROFL Well sometimes I do have better things to do The bathroom is upstairs and I only have a desk top.:D:D:D:D

Rubecula wrote: »
    Well hullo there Adam, haven't you got better things to do than come here?:D:D:D:D

I do, but I kinda miss the dinosaur-themed forum I belonged to when I was younger. I can leave anytime if u want, tho :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Two new users in the space of a week...
    I've been running this place since pretty close to the begining (the Palaeontology forum's equivalent of the Cambrian) and I've never seen the place so busy (interprate freely). Bear in mind Rubecula hasn't been around that long either.
    Welcome all!!! :)

Its not a coincident that there new posters arrived the same time as i designed rubecula's new signature.

Well I do tend to get around a little bit. Usually I am stuck remembering where I am too.

I expect I am turning into a bit of an old fossil myself. (I keep getting asked where the heck I was dug up)

Welcome one and all, the more the merrier, but bring a beer for the old fart (me):D

Rubecula wrote: »
    Well I do tend to get around a little bit. Usually I am stuck remembering where I am too.

I expect I am turning into a bit of an old fossil myself. (I keep getting asked where the heck I was dug up)

Welcome one and all, the more the merrier, but bring a beer for the old fart (me):D

Haha ok now I'm curious, how old are you all guys?

I was born 24MYA

I was born 24MYA

And I was the Monday before:D

:/ Whatever

Advertisement