Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie Drew tribute.

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Folks ,I.ve just been asked if I would be interested in starting a Ronnie Drew tribute band and of course being a major Ronnie fan I said I would if we could get the right people with us .So here I am putting the feeler out!
    if you are interested you'd have to be flexable as the times and travel (if we're lucky) could be awkward.Right what we have is :the singer with guitar and we have a guitar player that sings,what we need is banjo,whistle ,fiddle.We are hopeing to get started around May with a couple of small gigs to get it togeather and work up to bigger things .If interested get in touch and we'll work out a session to see if we can do it togeather and go from there.the thing is we can get the gigs but it'll take time and patence to build it up right ,i'd hate to sully the great mans memory by having a ****e band doing a tribute to him as I'm sure you'd feel the same.Thanks for taking the time to read this ,hope to hear from you soon. we will be starting in Dublin but hoping to bring it round the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Locatio, Location, Location ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 balladeer11

Hi
    I've just seen your add for a banjo/mandolin /whistle/player which i am i too am a DUBLINERS fan and i sing Luke Kelly's songs i am with a group at the moment but would love to do what you want to do. Maybe i'm to late if i am no harm done. This is my <mod snip: PM user for email/contact details> Look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 balladeer11

Hi
    Did you get the members you wanted to start THE RONNIE DREW TRIBUTE
    If not I am free and interested
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Regards
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mariatchi

Hi Pat ,just sent you an e-mail .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Please read the charter before posting.
    Please do not post your personal contact details - PM each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement