Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikram Yoga

Options
  • 31-03-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I would like some information in relation to Bikram Yoga. I know the benifits of it, i.e weight loss, toning & good elemination of toxins from your body.

The main reason I would like to do this is for toning. Is there any other type of exercise which would be good for toning, especially the stomach area.

I see all classes are for 90 minutes. Is it tough to do this for 90 minutes for someone who has done very little yoga before? I have done a few classes but nothing consistent.

Are the results of this type of yoga good and would you recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 DribblingRobot

dinnynora wrote: »
    Are the results of this type of yoda good and would you recommend it.

I personally find training with yoda to be very benificial. The long runs through the jungle on Dagobah with him on my back are great cardio and the visions of Darth Vader in the cave have helped me in coming to terms with new challenges.
    :D

Apologies for being in no way helpful.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

It's like most things.
    You get out of it what you put in.

For some people, going to bikram for the first time, just staying in the room at that sort of heat for the full 90 mins is a challenge in itself.

As you get accustomed to the heat and as you put more and more into each posture, you will begin to see more benefits.

It's not a magic "toning" studio, if youre going to do it, you still need to eat right and do other bits of exercise along with it, but it is a good start and if you really push yourself in there, it can be one hell of a workout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I personally find training with yoda to be very benificial.

While the Force is indeed strong with this one, Obi-Wan, his spelling skills still require some further work...

Advertisement