Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cult Heroes: Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Definitely Tugay for Blackburn this century so far. The other one I'd love to put up is Hilary Carlyle. He is my favourite LOI player ever. I'd have to do some searching to find a pic of him.

tugay-kerimoglu-01.jpg&sa=X&ei=_SeVTYWnAYqahQeM6fXfCA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4RA&usg=AFQjCNFb3V1wTsdw2chP-yBCFOFcEpVn4A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

ladies & gentlemen - luis garcia

garcia.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

ea945b97cela-001.jpg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

giovanni-van-bronckhorst-arsenal-with-the-fa-cup-trophy_49892.jpg

He barely played for us but I freakin loved Gio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dfx- wrote: »

When he was bad, he was very very bad. Not the most athletic and would be intensely frustrating. Split the support, then would score a freekick or one of his laser-guided corners..

I worked with somebody a year or two back who said he was still playing ball with him at amateur level somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    I worked with somebody a year or two back who said he was still playing ball with him at amateur level somewhere.

Was with Pegasus a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

INPHO_00026816.jpg

Steve Birks - Hardman extraordinare who could actually play a bit

INPHO_00026818.jpg

Wesley Charles

Fantastic for us in his first season in Ireland

11702_ori_danny_ventre.jpg

Danny Ventre

Pele himself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any Limerick fans about? :pac:

082251.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Bert Trautmann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

bobby_petta.jpg
    Bobby Petta, despite being quite useless most of the time a small few quality performances (6-2 against Rangers) left a legacy in no way way matching his input nor ability, still love him

There's only one Bobby Petta
    He was sh!t, now he's Betta
    We sent him to mass and now that he's class
    Were walking in a Petta wonderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

moravcik-celtic.jpg

Cult Hero bordering on Celtic Legend tbh

Alan+Hutton+Paddy+McCourt+Celtic+v+Tottenham+0GHxCuStxKtl.jpg

This man can only score spectacular goals, he is physically incapable of scoring a tap in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

john-o-shea-manchester-united-derby-county2.jpg

This guy has played every position for Utd even goal! Always reliable, never seen a game and thought afterward that he had a bad game or didn't give 100%

Fergies-favourite.jpg

Again, always gives 100%. Isn't technically the best but is willing to do anything for the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Not from my team, nor my generation, but the stories I've heard of this guy are great. He loved the nightlife, and because he was so good Cadiz turned a blind eye to his drunken antics but he had a gift. He transferred to Valladolid, but didn't like how they kept an eye on him and wouldn't let him continue his party lifestyle, so after only 9 games went straight back to Cadiz!

I've read that people have said if he had been Argentinian or Brazilian he'd be on the list of all-time greatest. Great scoring record for El Salvador, 41 goals in 48 games.

El Magico Gonzales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Joined in 2000 and left in 2002 with 5 medals in his pocket. Instrumental in many of our games. Rated 32 in 100 players who shook the kop
    0,,10265%7E9245944,00.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement