Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread I posted on boards appearing elsewhere

Options
  • 31-03-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

Hi, I posted a question in the fashion and appearance section about Casmara facials in Cork. When I googled the topic today my post along with my user name appeared on a site called www.solazylife.com. There appeared to be other posts from boards on the site as well.

Is this other site part of boards?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Nope not part of boards; looks like they are just scraping data from the rss feeds (Just a guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not to mention copies of fora such as Food & Drink, Cooking & Recipes, Snacks & Sweets, Clearasil & Hormones, Smoking & even Mustard (amongst others). Posters names also present. Cheeky fcukers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That is cheeky. I don't think it's much of an issue really, but the site is hosted in China so there's probably not much we can do about it if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I found where they were scraping from. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks all:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement