Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone and Vodafone Love Your Smartphone Offer

• 31-03-2011 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I may becoming an Apple fanboy soon and I was just checking out some carrier options.

The current Vodafone Love Your Smartphone offer seems attractive. No long term contract, 400 min and 400 texts and free VF to VF calls per month. The data allowance is 500mb per month. Is the data allowance suitable for general day to day use of iPhone? Some e-mailing, browse a few news apps, social media and that kind of thing?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

as long as you keep an eye on it it should be fine.iv used 20mb since yesterday that was just odd browsing and facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

BrianD wrote: »
    I may becoming an Apple fanboy soon and I was just checking out some carrier options.

The current Vodafone Love Your Smartphone offer seems attractive. No long term contract, 400 min and 400 texts and free VF to VF calls per month. The data allowance is 500mb per month. Is the data allowance suitable for general day to day use of iPhone? Some e-mailing, browse a few news apps, social media and that kind of thing?

500mb is fine for what you mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Is that a time limited offer? What's the monthly cost? Can't see it on their site

EDIT: Found it. SIM only offer @ 40 quid a month. Still think 3 better value @ 40 a month with heavily subsidised phone, superior data allowance / tethering but obviously you have a contract which may not suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I don't see the appeal of this? Your not even getting the iPhone 4 with it? I bought my iPhone from the Apple store unlocked.

And am now on Meteor Bill Pay Smart Lite.

30 day contract
    200 mins
    200 texts
    1GB data allowance
    Free meteor to meteor calls

All this for €25 per month. Much better saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

DubDJ wrote: »
    I don't see the appeal of this? Your not even getting the iPhone 4 with it? I bought my iPhone from the Apple store unlocked.

30 day contract
    200 mins
    200 texts
    1GB data allowance

The VF offer is SIM only and no long term contract. Meteor seems a good offer but the GF is on VF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

DubDJ wrote: »

30 day contract
    200 mins
    200 texts
    1GB data allowance

Correctamundo.
    The Meteor offer is superb. On it myself like.
    The VF offer is SIM only and no long term contract. Meteor seems a good offer but the GF is on VF!

So you're gonna spend an extra €15 a month to keep your girlfriend happy? You're on a slippy slope right there my friend!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Meteor also has no long term contract. The smart thing to do is get the GF to change over to Meteor :D Personally..... and this is not an exaggeration, 99% of people I know are now on Meteor. I have nobody in my phone on Vodafone. 2 or 3 of them are using O2 and Three.

Meteor has the place wrapped up with the cheaper prices. If only they done iPhone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Soarer wrote: »
    Correctamundo.
    The Meteor offer is superb. On it myself like.

So you're gonna spend an extra €15 a month to keep your girlfriend happy? You're on a slippy slope right there my friend!;)

Or I can persuade her to move network!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

Or I can persuade her to move network!

Now you're thinking!:D

BillPay Lite (Sim Only), at the bottom of this page, would be ideal for your girlfriend.
    30 day rolling contract, free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts, 200 any network minutes, 200 any network texts, free voicemail...should be €30 per month, but it's on special offer at the minute for €20 per month.
    It's basically the same contract as your one, but you're paying an extra €5 per month for 1gb of data.

Ye'd both be doing very well on both those 30 day contracts.

Advertisement