Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policeman schooled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That coppa knew he was fecked and it went all very Brasseye towards the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

sounded like he was just being a prickish/nob tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

lol! That gave me a good laugh, but in Ireland anyway the police dont need to know the exact wording

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What a horrible person he knew he was in the wrong when he ran a red light, any normal human being would have just taken the ticket. Policemen can't be expected to learn off every single law ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    What a horrible person he knew he was in the wrong when he ran a red light, any normal human being would have just taken the ticket. Policemen can't be expected to learn off every single law ffs!

oh god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Sounds like a right bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

The guy seemed like an arsehole tbh, but the policeman should know the law, and shouldnt have went for his camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dude was an arse and if he broke the light then he should have gotten the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Both were wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Hate these idiots.. there's one on you-tube of these Ayn Rand fanatics driving through police stops just so he can pull off this self important nonsense for the camera.. arseholes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Knew this had to be a law student :rolleyes:

A policeman does not carry around the textbook definition of every law, that is what books are for.

What a knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Knew this had to be a law student :rolleyes:

A policeman does not carry around the textbook definition of every law, that is what books are for.

What a knob
    The voice sounds familiar, I think he is one of those "freeman" people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    The voice sounds familiar, I think he is one of those "freeman" people

yea likely... gobsh*tes.

why is my name in capital letters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭kirving

I absolutely hate pompous gob****es like that. He'll learn his lesson the hard way though when he eventually gets taken out of it by a truck after going through a red light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The end of it reminds me of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvwnwBbX70k#t=0m50s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Anyone here would do what he did if they could. I'm a cyclist, and I'm not sure in Dublin but at least here in London the lights are ridiculous. All traffic stops flowing for pedestrians and most of the time, there's never anyone crossing. It infuriates me. So I can relate to this guy. It's a victimless crime, he didn't harm anyone, nothing would have come of it.

bluto63 wrote: »
    Anyone here would do what he did if they could. I'm a cyclist, and I'm not sure in Dublin but at least here in London the lights are ridiculous. All traffic stops flowing for pedestrians and most of the time, there's never anyone crossing. It infuriates me. So I can relate to this guy. It's a victimless crime, he didn't harm anyone, nothing would have come of it.

How do you know it was a pedestrian crossing he went through? Could have easily been a cross roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Equally how do we know he did go through a red light, everyone is assuming he is guilty until proven innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

It's slightly disturbing the abuse someone gets for questioning authority, especially living in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Paparazzo wrote: »
    How do you know it was a pedestrian crossing he went through? Could have easily been a cross roads.

We don't, but since everyone else is already assuming he did something I thought I'd join in.
    Also, I'm sure he knew what he was doing rather than cycling blindly into the crossing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

That guy is a complete shithead. I hope he gets mauled by a car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

plenty of gardai here :). cop started off smug didnt finish to nicely for him. wp

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

i love how he hasnt posted the footage of him getting away on his bicycle .. but simply typed it instead ...and were expected to believe it.

awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Fair play to the cyclist imo. He might be a knobhead but he's a knobhead who defended himself perfectly legally against someone who seemingly didn't have a clue. The grab of the camera was bizarre considering the previous 2/3 minutes.

Little guy on a bicycle 1, heavy handed state official 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

bluto63 wrote: »

So he should just be allowed to break the law whenever he feels like it then?
    Can you quote me the exact wording of the act to back up that statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

That guy is a prick... hope something big hits him next time he goes through a red light...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

1. The guy didn't break the law, he was accused of breaking the law.
    2. The officer lies to him numerous times, he never lies to officer.
    3. The smug one (in the beginning) is the officer, not the accused.
    4. The officer illegally & forcefully tried to obtain the camera.

However, we are in Ireland so I'd better join in with the usual 'how dare someone question authority, they are wrong, I want them dead' that I see every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

heh.. he was on his way to pick his child up from school. I doubt he'd be so obnoxiously pompous if he ran a red light and got knocked down with his kid on the bike with him.

ch750536 wrote: »
    1. The guy didn't break the law, he was accused of breaking the law.
    2. The officer lies to him numerous times, he never lies to officer.
    3. The smug one (in the beginning) is the officer, not the accused.
    4. The officer illegally & forcefully tried to obtain the camera.

However, we are in Ireland so I'd better join in with the usual 'how dare someone question authority, they are wrong, I want them dead' that I see every single day.

What's being from Ireland got to do with it? They both come across as knobs imho. And just because someone questions the law, doesn't automatically a hero. Plenty of Irish look for loopholes in the law too.
    Strange that the cyclist didn't put up the video of himself breaking the light, or getting away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

He is a freeman, as someone pointed out. He's got a load of vids online.

Fair play to him. Why should he be contributing to the money machine and lack of freedom created by statutory legislation?

Roll on the lawful rebellion.

Advertisement