Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Policeman schooled

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Can't decide which one I dislike more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Tinie wrote: »
    Got a link to that?

I look, it's been a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMQywz7jPY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

I dont think its often an Irish person would be standing up for british police but that guy that ran the red light is a complete tool.he shud have just smacked him and done a cover up after!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Here's some more from the same guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What is it about cyclists that made them believe that traffic lights do not apply to them?

In this case unstoppable arrogance meets immovable ignorance. At least in Ireland it's an offence not to provide a guard with your name and address.

I've never seen a more compelling case than this that all bicycles should be issued with licence plates.

I'd love to see the follow-up video where the cyclist reports his flat being burgled and P.C. Stout arrives on the crime scene...."Oh dear Sir, we meet again..."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

The cop should have known the law and outlined it clearly to the man, given him one maybe two chances and then performed his arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

At least in Ireland it's an offence not to provide a guard with your name and address.

This is not true.

You only have to give your name and address when the gaurd explains what law he suspects you of breaking.

If a gaurd just randomly asks you for your name and address you do not have to give it to them.

We have a constitution to protect the rights of the private citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

its people like him that give the english a bad name...maybe the bad name is justified then:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

PK2008 wrote: »
    This is not true.

You only have to give your name and address when the gaurd explains what law he suspects you of breaking.

If a gaurd just randomly asks you for your name and address you do not have to give it to them.

We have a constitution to protect the rights of the private citizen.
    What is a gaurd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

He is an arsehole.
    Plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

He should try it on in America and see how he gets on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Advertisement