Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil covered puppies!

• 31-03-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everyone, my jack russell had seven babies about four weeks ago. Needless to say, keeping an eye on all seven is becoming more challenging by the day! Anyway went to check on them a little while ago and they had obviously been under my car or something because they were covered in oil ( I think it's oil at least). I washed them but I still can't get it off their coats. Got the majority of it off them but they're still dirty looking. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for getting it off, I don't want to wash them too much in case I irritate their skin . . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah the joy of puppies! :) Washing up liquid is probably your best bet. I heard vegetable oil is good too but you have to leave it on for ages. Try washing up liquid first. It isn't good for the dog's hair or skin obviously but oil is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 niamhsiobhan

Yea I was thinking that actually but I thought against it. I just used dog shampoo instead. The oil can't be good for mum either if she's licking it off them when she's trying to clean them. I have such a love/hate relationship with them right now (mostly love though if I tell the truth!), seems I can't turn my head for a second. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Use dilute Fairy liquid, the green standard one - one squirt per bowl but keep it out of their eyes.

This is going to sound like an advert but the original green Fairy liquid is incredibly mild. It is the standard cleaner for oiled birds etc.

Advertisement