Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop - ragged edges on transparent gif's

Options
  • 31-03-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I've done a logo for a website which consists of some text and a logo on a transparent background.

The logo.gif file will be overlaid over another background image - it's being used in a web site template.

However, I am getting annoying white ragged edges around all the text and logo when I set the image live. Seems fine when I look at it in photoshop.

Am I missing a setting when saving to gif? I've tried a PNG-8 but same effect.

Any pointers appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

PNG-8 and gif only have a single colour transparency so any glows or drop shadows etc. can create issues. PNG-24 has an alpha channel, but won't display properly in older versions of IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

...the anti-alias on the text will create this problem too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I found out it was to do with setting the "matte" to none when saving for web. Improved the appearance dramitcally.

In the end I decided not to go with a transparent background - I though the quality would be better as a jpeg.

Advertisement