Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair dismissal??

Options
  • 31-03-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

Considering the following scenario if it happen in real life, does this come under unfair dismissal?

Working on an internship 9-5 work with a small team all on internship also (being paid peanuts, not literally), signed contract for trial period 1 months, upon successful trial period will continue further three months.

Currently finishing mid second months, all of sudden being told the next day is the last day citing mumbo jumbo reason as 'slow progress'.

Does this constitute as unfair dismissal??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'm not certain, but I believe internships are classed seperately to normal employment, and somewhat similar to a probation term in a normal job. I'd check the employment rights online if I were you. Also, you cannot claim unfair dismissal if you're working for less than a year UNLESS it's on the grounds of gender, religion, pregnancy, racism, discrimination etc. I'm pretty sure you have no rights in this instance, and no reason has to be given for letting you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 martin451

unless there more than a year have very few rights.......but no expert

Advertisement