Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many higher level subjects are you doing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Irish, English, Maths, French, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
    Medicine or something science-y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SeanNolan

I am doing physics,english,biology,applid maths,maths and geography higher and french and irish ordinary when i go into fifth year in September and want to do medicine. Should i do 7 higher or just 6 do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

I'm doing 6: English, French, Spanish, Business, Biology and Geography. Also Ordinary Maths and I'm exempt from Irish! :)

I want to either become an Architect or something involving Business with Spanish/German

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

6, everything but maths.
    French & German // Social Work // Chemistry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Doing 6 higher and 1 ordinary.

English - H
    Irish -H
    Maths -O
    French - H
    Biology - H
    Music - H
    Social&Scientific - H

I want to do Speech and Language Therapy in UCC.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

7 Higher
    • English
    • Irish
    • Engineering
    • Geography
    • Biology
    • Art
    • Music
    2 Ordinary
    • Maths
    • French
    Hoping to do Medicine next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

doing 5 higher level!
    home ec
    french
    bio
    chem
    eng

and pass
    maths
    irish

i really wish i had kept on higher maths though :( worst decision to drop down for me.....and want to do human nutrition or common science hopefully:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cookier

6 Higher!
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Italian
    DCG
    Art

and Ordinary Economics

I want to go to Limerick Art College :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

8 Higher
    The usual three, French, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering and Business (As a self-taught subject)

Medicine or Pharmacy hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

8 higher.

Usual 3 + French, Physics, History, Economics, Applied Maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

8 Higher.

English, Irish, Maths, French, Physics, History, Art, and Applied Maths.

Seriously considering dropping down to Ordinary Level Irish though.

My course was 350 points last year (Computer Science & Software Engineering, Maynooth), though I'm aiming for 500 in the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

6 - Irish,English,Biology,Business,Chemistry and Home Economics[outside of school]

Doing Maths and French at ordinary level and will drop LCVP next year. Also considering doing Geography over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

7 Higher:

English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Music
    Biology
    Business

LCVP

And have no idea what I want to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    7 Higher
    • English
    • Irish
    • Engineering
    • Geography
    • Biology
    • Art
    • Music
    2 Ordinary
    • Maths
    • French
    Hoping to do Medicine next year.

I thought you had to do chemistry to do medicine?

Also, I'm doing 8 higher. Irish English Maths German Geography Biology Chemistry and Music.
    Science Education - Maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Maths, French, English, Irish, Geography, Chemistry and Biology, all higher level.

Hoping to do medicine/pharmacy/chemistry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Holly91 wrote: »
    doing 5 higher level!
    home ec
    french
    bio
    chem
    eng

and pass
    maths
    irish

i really wish i had kept on higher maths though :( worst decision to drop down for me.....and want to do human nutrition or common science hopefully:D

same ! fear of failure was too big at the time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

1 Ordinary level

Foundation everything else

want to be a binman

Now know one should be afraid to post what there doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

Holly91 wrote: »
    doing 5 higher level!
    home ec
    french
    bio
    chem
    eng

and pass
    maths
    irish

human nutrition? :eek: Me too!:eek:
    I think I might want to do Science more though, but I'm not sure, and same with maths, pass is way too easy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

nuxxx wrote: »
    1 Ordinary level

Foundation everything else

want to be a binman

Now know one should be afraid to post what there doing :)

Oh yes, let's all sneer at the people not going for Medicine/Pharmacy/Law.

The world would collapse a lot sooner if there were no binmen rather than no doctors.

Not sure of the purpose of this sort of thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Higher:
    Physics
    Construction
    Engineering
    LIthuanian

Ordianry
    Maths
    English

LCVP

Hoping to get an apprenticeship at aer lingus...or aviation technology in DIT

same ! fear of failure was too big at the time !

the exact same!! and looking back on it now all i had to do was do a lil bit extra wrk and i would have been grand :mad: oh well :)

KKBL wrote: »
    human nutrition? :eek: Me too!:eek:
    I think I might want to do Science more though, but I'm not sure, and same with maths, pass is way too easy

whoop hi5 :D
    yh i think i might be same on wanting to do science more aswel!! i say thats what il get aswel! coz not a hope il get the points to do nutrition :(
    i can only hope :p
    pass is simple isnt it? got 96% in it and i mean to say i did NOTHING for it :pac: but some people arnt logical minded so its good for them...like alot of my friends find pass really hard...i find it hard to get how they do but we are all intelligent in our own ways :rolleyes:

And have no idea what I want to do :(

no harm there are loads of people in your boat :) i am aswel! i love science subjects and home ec in school...thats the only reason why i decided to put science and nutrition down on my cao! i wouldnt worry about it :D just do something you know your interested in not if there will be jobs in it when your finished....(even though ino is a big issue) but recession is bound to end some time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

8- maths, applied maths, physics, chemistry, accounting, english, french, spanish

want to do maths/physics/maths and economics or something along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

8 - the big three, music, French, Latin, physics and history.

No idea, in 5th Year so should be having a think, I'd imagine. Something arty probably, as I'm sure is evident by the subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I'm doing six honours: English, Maths, Spanish, Music, Chemistry and Biology, and ordinary Irish.

Hopefully Pharmacy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

5 HL, 2 OL. Not sure what I'm going for yet but liking the sound of English, Media & Cultural Studies in IADT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

no harm there are loads of people in your boat smile.gif i am aswel! i love science subjects and home ec in school...thats the only reason why i decided to put science and nutrition down on my cao! i wouldnt worry about it biggrin.gif just do something you know your interested in not if there will be jobs in it when your finished....(even though ino is a big issue) but recession is bound to end some timetongue.gif

I know ya I love music so maybe that. And I also like human biology so maybe something sciency. But I've a whole year to decide :)

Advertisement