Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geddy Lee Live Interview tonight

Options
  • 31-03-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Time Machine tour kicked off in the US last night, and Geddy is chatting live tonight re: UK/Ireland leg in May at the link below at 8PM tonight.

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Cheers, just noticed your post in time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

So did he have anything interesting to say ???

I didn't think it was a great interview to be honest. It was less than half an hour long, and 4 Rush songs were played during it - nothing wrong with listening to Rush but it didn't leave much time for actual interview.

Geddy was asked about receiving the Classic Rock Living Legend award and said it was an honour to receive that in the company of musicians who had influenced him. He also mentioned getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, and how amazing it is that he is getting this recognition along with Alex and Neil who have been together for so long - he mentioned it would have been hard to imagine at the start that they would still be playing in Rush today. He also commented that Rush get along with each other as well today as when they started out together, unlike just about any other band that they have ever met!

There was another question about Rush appearing in I Love You Man. Geddy said that they were never interested in appearing in films, but the director was passionate about getting Rush in the film. They read the script and enjoyed it, so decided to appear in the film and were happy with the outcome.

There was some talk about the tour underway in the US, and the UK dates were plugged but no mention of Dublin. Geddy spoke about playing a 3 hour set every gig. Basically there is so much about touring that sucks, travelling, setting up shows etc., that they want to spend as much time on stage doing what they enjoy as possible.

He also talked about deciding to play Moving Pictures in its entirety for the tour. I can't remember exactly, but I think he said that they either had not played The Camera Eye live, or that they had rarely played it up to now. For this tour they decided to focus on Moving Pictures to work on playing The Camera Eye. It was only after they made this decision that they realised that it was the album's 30th anniversary.

I think they were the main points. Nothing amazing, but a reasonable interview.

Edit: He also mentioned not recognising Scott Gorham at the Classic Rock awards and having to be re-introduced to him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Taken from the Rushisaband.com site and in turn from the interview last night...

We've got about - I guess - 3/4 of the record written and are kind of ready to go. We've got 2 or 3 more tracks we'd like to write. We've kind of run out of time now. We're gonna have to go on tour so when this tour is over we'll get back to writing and hopefully finish the record in the Fall. ... We're having fun with it. I mean - you know - there are some very complex moments. There are some very beautiful moments. It's kind of what you'd expect from Rush I guess - a little bit of everything. Now, the indication you can get from the first 2 songs kind of sets the tone for where we're going with this record. But there are a few surprises as you get deeper into the record.

If anyone wants to hear the 11 minute(without songs) interview in full....

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester/player/listen-again/t5bj3cam/listen-2066/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WorldSocksBox

Who are Rush? Who is Geddy Lee? Ok, just joking....

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Taken from the Rushisaband.com site and in turn from the interview last night...

Oh yeah :o not sure how I forgot about that bit.

Advertisement