Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont really know what to ask on this??

• 31-03-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Ok my mothers 50th is coming up and me nana *Her mother* died there just a week or so ago. So what im thinking doing is getting an old really nice photo of them which i would only have on my pc and getting it printed somewhere and put in really nice frame for her.

Now i dunno where to start in how i should get this done or where to go.

Anyone any ideas?? Sorry if this is in wrong section.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Probably the easiest way is to copy the photo to a USB memory key, go to your local Boots/camera shop/Harvey Norman, and put the memory key in their photo kiosk. You can print from there. How big you can print depends on how high the resolution of the photo on your pc is. If it's a small photo on a website, you will most likely be disappointed by the print. Do you know the size of the photo on your PC (in pixels) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

as its on your computer and its old it was most likely scanned in. you could do a decent job on removing any dust or blemishes which will make the overall look much better. if you stuck it up here you'll get a good amount of talented people having a go for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The photo i have not picked for deffo yet which one but they wouldnt be old old photos talking bout something taken in last couple years from a digital camara.

So if and when i find the picture i want to use get it printed then frames im looking get something really nice and that would cost a bit. Talking your average size frame something go on the fire place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Assuming you are not seeking budget basement type of price, then have a pm discussion with boards user stcstc. Many here will vouch for his work and he's very approachable for advice on what will work and what won't. He also does framing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As said above, stcstc would be the way to go. He would be able to get the best from the photo you have and edit it if required. This is because he's a photographer as well as a bespoke printer.

CabanSail wrote: »
    As said above, stcstc would be the way to go. He would be able to get the best from the photo you have and edit it if required. This is because he's a photographer as well as a bespoke printer.

I sent him a pm there while ago so see what happens thanks for the help :)

Advertisement