Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mtb trails in or near clonmel?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm moving to Clonmel on Monday for work. I do quite a bit of mtb at home in Wexford and the with the big mountains in Clonmel there must be some trails there! Anybody know any clubs around there or trails that are easy to find etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

There was or is a downhill course near Cahir - I get the impression that access/use is strictly controlled and may have been discontinued. There is also some routes around the Vee. Someone else may have better local knowledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

SWCC is based in Waterford and has a MTB section.
    We sometimes do trails near Rathgormac.
    Around this location http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,627742,620116,5,10

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

langdang wrote: »
    There was or is a downhill course near Cahir - I get the impression that access/use is strictly controlled and may have been discontinued. There is also some routes around the Vee. Someone else may have better local knowledge!
    Cahir is closed temporarily (supposedly) due to a disease in the woods. Not sure when it'll be open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

ravendude wrote: »
    Cahir is closed temporarily (supposedly) due to a disease in the woods. Not sure when it'll be open again.

Spooky......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Rallymad

pedro7 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm moving to Clonmel on Monday for work. I do quite a bit of mtb at home in Wexford and the with the big mountains in Clonmel there must be some trails there! Anybody know any clubs around there or trails that are easy to find etc?

Hi call into the lads here they will point you in the right direction

http://www.worldwidecycles.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pedro7

Thanks for all the help guys!

Advertisement