Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia Play on Sale tonight 9:30 @CPW Grafton

• 31-03-2011 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Not sure if this was already mentioned on another thread but the Xperia Play is going on sale from 9:30 tonight at the CPW in Grafton Street :D

They even have a competition to win one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

How much is it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Depends on how you want it. Sim lock free around 600 Euro, but for example 229 Euro on Three Flex Max Classic 40 Euro p/m but they said it is available on all networks. And if you take it on Three PAYGO it was 529 if I am not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

wont be getting that so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Oh me neither but just wanted to post it if someone was interested. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Was talking to the guy in the shop. He said if you trade in your current smartphone you get money of the Xperia Play. But tonight only they double it.

So normally the thing is 600 euro sim free. Trade in an iphone 4 and get 200 off it. tonight you'll get 400 off it.

Asked about the desire, 300 off it tonight , 150 afterwards ;)

*think i'll be holding on to the desire for a little longer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Was talking to the guy in the shop. He said if you trade in your current smartphone you get money of the Xperia Play. But tonight only they double it.

So normally the thing is 600 euro sim free. Trade in an iphone 4 and get 200 off it. tonight you'll get 400 off it.

Asked about the desire, 300 off it tonight , 150 afterwards ;)

*think i'll be holding on to the desire for a little longer :D

ah thats bollix, what about us culchies down south. WOuld be good value at €3oo sim free

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well anyone buy one if these yet?

Love my x10 and this seems like a natural progression from it.Price tags a bit steep so before I buy I`d love a good honest boards.ie opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Not much interest in this phone at all really

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not much interest in this phone at all really

Yeah--Thought there would be more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

i was interested till i seen the screen brightness in the online reviews, have to say i was shocked at how bad it was Sony tend to use good bright screens in their high end stuff why not the Play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

projectgtr wrote: »
    i was interested till i seen the screen brightness in the online reviews, have to say i was shocked at how bad it was Sony tend to use good bright screens in their high end stuff why not the Play?

I had a play of it the other day, screen brightness didn't even enter my head, the screen was nice and crisp can't say it's a problem, crash bandicoot was a bit of a disappointment it didn't take up the full screen, it felt like I was paying a sega game gear more than a psp.
    I think it's to early to knock the phone as it's hardly even out, as more games come on line and different apps to suit the joypad I really think it has a lot of potential (i'm thinking parrot ar drone type apps).

I use an iphone4 and find it crap for games, I was really hoping this phone was the one to pull me back from apple again but the weight was the only problem I found with it, it felt considerably heavier. For that reason i'll be sticking with the iphone and xbox and going to forget about serious mobile gaming.
    If I didn't own an iphone and I was into games this would definitely be the phone i'd be buying. Gingerbread was nice and slick and republic of telly played straight off on the rte iplayer without a glitch.
    Will I get it as my upgrade in a month or so, probably. Will it replace my iphone, not just yet but as I said my phone isn't for gaming.

Final thoughts, I wouldn't rush out and buy it just yet as all bugs might not be ironed out. Give it a few weeks to see are their any gremlins and to get an official network released handset.

Expect to see a lot of these replacing iphones on public transport. It is the best gaming phone out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

From the vids I've seen the interface looks nice and bright until the games start and it's dimmed down a little bit. Wonder if thats just a setting to be ajusted like how webpages on android can be auto dimmed.

Still and all some games running at 60FPS! wow!

Advertisement