Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden re do

Options
  • 31-03-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Our back garden was destroyed during the snow, nearly every shrub is either dead or as good as. Ccan anyone recommend somebody who is good at replanting and has good ideas in the Naas, newbridge, kildare area. not really looking for a professional landscaper as most of the prices are too high.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

Thanks for that, would he be able to give me references for work done, it's just that the last person made an absolute mess of shrubs in garden and I want to ensure it doesn't happen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

He's a jack of all trades, i'd have to ask him about jobs he done. unfortunatly he's not answering his phone right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

flahers wrote: »
    Our back garden was destroyed during the snow, nearly every shrub is either dead or as good as. Ccan anyone recommend somebody who is good at replanting and has good ideas in the Naas, newbridge, kildare area. not really looking for a professional landscaper as most of the prices are too high.

I'm literally just a "garden owner", but are you sure everything is dead? I was of the same opinion re the bush in my front garden. I was planning on taking the chainsaw to it until last week it started to sprout buds. Normally its flowering all year. But its on the way back now. Due to the exceptionally cold weather a lot of plant life appeared to have died off, but watch out for some budding. Don't give up until May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

DWCommuter wrote: »
    I'm literally just a "garden owner", but are you sure everything is dead? I was of the same opinion re the bush in my front garden. I was planning on taking the chainsaw to it until last week it started to sprout buds. Normally its flowering all year. But its on the way back now. Due to the exceptionally cold weather a lot of plant life appeared to have died off, but watch out for some budding. Don't give up until May.

I'm no expert on the garden, but I think DW speaks wise words.

Lucyfur, could You also please pm me the details of Your Firned?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I got a chap from near Rathangan called Joseph Gorey to redo my garden and was happy with the finish and price. I got his name from a lady from the athgarvan residents assoc, he does their maintenance.

Advertisement