Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed exam - can i still apply for Postgrad course?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I have a 2.2 average verging on a 2.1 however I failed one subject at Xmas and am repeating it in August, the exam just did not go my way at all. Whatever result I get in August will be my result put down for that module, what I am wondering is would I be able to apply for postgraduate courses which look for at least a 2.2 even though I am repeating an exam in August?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

ourtrail wrote: »
    I have a 2.2 average verging on a 2.1 however I failed one subject at Xmas and am repeating it in August, the exam just did not go my way at all. Whatever result I get in August will be my result put down for that module, what I am wondering is would I be able to apply for postgraduate courses which look for at least a 2.2 even though I am repeating an exam in August?

I was in the exact same position as you - I had one exam to repeat. But in the meantime I applied as normal to the Postgrad courses, and advised them by email that I was awaiting the results of a pending examination.

They were completely fine with this, and assured me that it is actually quite common. And I'm doing the Postgrad course now so it all worked out. So, best thing for you to do is just go ahead and apply as normal.

Advertisement