Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

designing a tattoo/multiple piercings at once?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have two questions so figured I would combine them into one thread to make it easier.

I have a few ideas for a tattoo, but I want to combine them, however i can't really draw unless I am copying an image. the problem is that i want to have an image of the tattoo for a while before getting it done to make sure that i will be happy with it after a few months/years.

I can't really go into a tattooist and ask them to help me sketch out my idea because I would like to have the image for a while before getting it done and i might find i do not want it after s few months. i dont really know anyone with good enough drawing skills that would be willing to draw out a tattoo for me.

anyone have an ideas that will help me design the tattoo? in terms of where i want it, i am not 100% sure, all i know is that i do not want it on my back, i would like to be able to see it.

i figure once i have to design finalised or at least vaguely figured out, i can decide on placement which in turn will allow me to tweak it for the space available. same with which artist i want to do it, i would prefer to have a better idea of design before researching as it will help me narrow down artists.

piercing question:

basically, i want to get 6 or so piercings down the outside rim of my ear, would it be better to get them done with intervals, or all at once.

if it's all at once would it make the healing time longer? and would it make it easier for them to get infected? (if one does the others will probably follow suit)
    would there be any danger to the cartilage of my ear? they would be done with a needle of course but would the large amount of holes at once make my ear structurally unstable? (best phrase i can think of)

i do have piercings, so i know how to look after them, but i have never had more than one healing at one time, so i don't know if it makes the healing longer.

sorry for such a long post.

any help is very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've only really heard of getting 3 piercings at once and that would really be the limit. It'd be a bitch to try heal 6 at once and you're also putting a lot of pressure on your body and it's immune system.

Also for the tattoo, best bet is to go into a studio and put your ideas out there. They are artists after all and they will know what'll work and what won't. No harm in bringing in some reference and asking if you could take the sketch away. Some places might say no but at least you'll get a better idea of what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

i figured that it might cause problems with that amount at once. ah well, just have to do it slowly.

i suppose it's worth a shot going in to a few places, worse that can happen is they say no.

Advertisement