Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair's best idea yet: Child free Flights

Options
  • 31-03-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Child free flights from October 2011: Ryanair.com
    Ryanair, the world’s favourite airlines, today announced that it will introduce ‘Child Free’ flights from October (winter schedule) after a Europe-wide survey of 1,000 passengers showed that half would pay higher fares to avoid other people’s children. The survey showed that a third of passengers (36%) have had flights ‘ruined’ by other people’s noisy kids with one in five passengers (18%) urging Ryanair to restrict the number of children on flights.

This has to be one of the best idea's I have heard in ages, I always hate those flights with noisy kids....
    routes to southern Europe, where parents are taking their young kids on holidays. Some of these flights are unbearable with kids roaring and shouting, banging on seat backs, throwing things etc.

Roll on October
    I fly regularly on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Apil Fools!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I wish it was true.
    However, i also know what date it is in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

and the story is dated April 1st

Suppose they could have certain flights kid free on their heavy traffic routes.
    Could be a bit like adult only hotels and the like:)

Suppose they could have certain flights kid free on their heavy traffic routes.
    Could be a bit like adult only hotels and the like:)

would those hotels have mirrored walls and ceilings or maybe like Ryan atlantics first class section.

Ryanair: Beds & Blowjobs

• Advertisement

Hilarious, I had forgotten that clip! But no, I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. No reason they can't have an adult only flight providing there are enough flights going to a destination to facilitate all the rugrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Ha ha very funny, I'm all for it, but be warned anyone flying to Tenerife in June, my two boys will be onboard. They make my life hell so it's time to share it out!

My sister was on a two hour flight where a baby cried loudly for the entire trip. She described it as the flight from hell. A bit tongue in cheek though. It was her daughter!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Funny, I read the April Fools part as "Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Would be brillant if it was true. Or giving tranquilizers to children before boarding to knock them out.

Was on an 8 hour flight Sydney - Singapore and some kid never shut up for the entire time. Ive no idea why people bring children/babies on flights. Surely they should just leave them at home. I find it more of a health hazard then smoking...your experience stress from being forced to be in a confined space with someone elses child, even if you have chosen not to have children in your life, they force you too.

I think children on flights should have more expensive tickets to deter parents taking them...like 100 euro extra to take a child.

I think children on flights should have more expensive tickets to deter parents taking them...like 100 euro extra to take a child.

couldn't agree more..

One time when I was flying home from Abu Dhabi, there was a woman her 3 kids and her nanny sitting behind me and for the entire 8 hours they never stopped roaring. One in particular kept holding my headrest and banging it forward and back while the mother kept laughing about the brat. When I finally asked her to stop her child I got my head bitten off, unfortunately the flight was full so I could not be moved, although the cabin crew allowed some of us to sit in their landing seats for a short time. On landing in Dublin the woman answered her phone(while we were still on the Runway) and continued to talk despite numerous requests by cabin crew to turn it off. The most shocking part was her phone conversation which went something like this " hi honey, the flight was terrible, the staff were rude, there was only 4 choices of main course on the kids menu, so I have written a complaint. The children were angles and hardly made a sound all the way, unlike other people on the flight" at which point a passenger from a couple of rows back grabbed her phone(we had reached the terminal and seatbelt sign was off) and told the husband that it was only a terrible flight because his wife and children were there and that the airline should not have to tolerate such disrespectful behaviour on a flight. Everybody within earshot cheered and clapped, it was hilarious

oh BTW that same week the airline had once again won an award for having the best in flight service in the world...

so yeah, lets bring in Child free flights...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Would be brillant if it was true. Or giving tranquilizers to children before boarding to knock them out.

Was on an 8 hour flight Sydney - Singapore and some kid never shut up for the entire time. Ive no idea why people bring children/babies on flights. Surely they should just leave them at home. I find it more of a health hazard then smoking...your experience stress from being forced to be in a confined space with someone elses child, even if you have chosen not to have children in your life, they force you too.

Ive flown this route alot...my god its disasterous!
    I usually get the 00:30 flight too to try avoid them but no such luck yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

mayotom wrote: »
    would those hotels have mirrored walls and ceilings or maybe like Ryan atlantics first class section.

Ryanair: Beds & Blowjobs

Ehh there is at least one US company that offer special excecutive services that one can charter.
    Lets just say the inflight "attendants" offer more than a coffee and peanuts.
    They offer such delights as special dances and massages. :D

Oh and there is also a mile high operator although AFAIK it is only a turboprop or piston jobbie.

Was on an 8 hour flight Sydney - Singapore and some kid never shut up for the entire time. Ive no idea why people bring children/babies on flights. Surely they should just leave them at home.

Ehh child services tend to frown upon such actions. :rolleyes:
    I find it more of a health hazard then smoking...your experience stress from being forced to be in a confined space with someone elses child, even if you have chosen not to have children in your life, they force you too.

Ahh have you ever thought of joining a monastery ? ;)

Have you ever thought those kids will probably be contributing to your healthcare when you are old and dribbling down your shirt ?

I don't like kids crying on planes, no more than I enjoy sitting beside big Welsh ex 2nd row rugby players for 14 hours (long story and major reason I detest 747s), but try get this, people with families need to travel.
    They can't take a boat if they need to go half way across the world.

I hate kids crying on flights, but as a parent I do now understand that the parents are for the most part geniunely trying to do their best.
    Do you think most parents enjoy having their kids cry and moan on a flight ?
    Do you think parents like seeing their kids with such things as earache ?

Maybe some don't mind, but I know I and a hell of a lot of my family, friends, colleagues don't enjoy it and are geniunely sorry that our kids are annoying other people's travel.

The parents who couldn't give a cr** are the ones who would be totally inconsiderate with or without children.
    You don't need to have children to be an obnoxious assh*le.

Anyway next time you are travelling let me know.
    I will go along with my son.
    Oh don't worry he doesn't shout or cry, but boy can he fart. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How about putting the kids in the hold ?

Ryanair could make a few bob by classifying them as extra baggage !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I view children as I view farts - I love my own and hate everyone else's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I think putting children in the hold would be a fantastic idea. I mean if its good enough for peoples pets, it should be good enough for kids.

As for the parent who went on and on about children...yeah i wish people didnt decide to travel across the world with their kids. Not like the kids will remember it, especially if they are 2 years old? Whats the point and just makes fellow travelers like me so pissed off for the entire flight when I am meant to be having peace and quiet on holiday. Last thing i need is someone's kid banging my headrest back and forward. Get this, not everybody likes children or wants them on flights.

If there is any healthcare I need, it will be my ears check out after a flight with a screaming child. ;)

I think it would be a brillant idea if Ryanair did this ;)

Advertisement