Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dare to be Digital artist wanted

Options
  • 31-03-2011 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I’m a student from the computer games development course in IT Carlow graduating in May. Myself and two classmates (also graduating in May) are forming a team to enter the Dare to be Digital competition (http://www.daretobedigital.com/). Essentially teams of students get funded to develop a game over 9 weeks in Dundee. There are lots of great reasons to take part in the competition – for more reasons see here: http://www.daretobedigital.com/about/what.php.

The new rules this year mean that at least one person from a Northern Irish college and at least one from the Republic is required on the team for any Irish entry. We have a game design to submit, but particularly need one or two artists. Would anyone be interested in being on the team (the students need to be either currently in college in Northern Ireland or graduated within the last two years). You will need to be familiar with 3D digital art. The artstyle is steampunk.

I would be most grateful if you could you send this on to any students who might be interested in this.

One crucial point is there is very little time left (application is due in on Sunday) - apologies for the very late notice on this.

Many thanks
    Chuckie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KevHos

Hi
    I'm a cork based photographer but I have experience with 3d modeling, game design and such!, I primarily use UDK as a game engine (messed with Unity3D and Cryengine)
    What kinda of game is it?

Advertisement