Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacment DVD Drive ?

• 31-03-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

I have just bought a replacement DVD drive for my XBOX and it will only play DVDs any one know why this would happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Well when you swap in a new drive you need to extract the key of your old drive and flash it to the new one, they also need to be the same type you can no longer 'spoof' drives since the Kinect update :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

what make dvd drive is in your xbox and what dvd did you buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

if it is the same model of drive it is just matter of swapping boards.
    if its different make or model it needs to be "spoofed".

if u find it problematic either post it here or have a look at Console Modding services sticky and pm your local modder (ie me if you are in Dublin ;P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

The drive that was in it was a Philips-liteon and the one I got to replace it was a philips-benq even though I ordered the liteon one.

That won't do you'll need a Liteon, BenQ aren't compatible and since the Kinect Dashboard with AP2.5 came out spoofing a DVD drive is no longer possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

???what ,not possible??Everything is possible but you will get ban on Xbl sooner than later ...mean on first contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

joker@ wrote: »
    ???what ,not possible??Everything is possible but you will get ban on Xbl sooner than later ...mean on first contact

So again, its not possible to use a spoofed drive on XBL anymore.

joker@ wrote: »

Ok let's assume the OP wants to keep Xbox Live funcionality why not just buy the same model, extract the key from the old drive and flash it to the new one? Your going to do the same amount of work by spoofing why not do it right?

No dont need live play,dont even know how to play the games on it.
    It belongs to the kids I hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

ok in iorder to get this back working you will have to get the key from the old drive and spoof it to a new drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

SPAWKER wrote: »
    No dont need live play,dont even know how to play the games on it.
    It belongs to the kids I hate them.
    You hate your kids?? :p

zero19 wrote: »
    You hate your kids?? :p

No I dont hate my kids just these games consoles.:eek::pac:

Advertisement