Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Gaming

Options
  • 31-03-2011 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi all,

Since getting a 3DS & loving the 3D, I was thinking of getting a new 3d monitor for my pc.

The biggest problem is that I have hd6850's crossfired, and as far as I can tell, the 3d is limited to gaming at 720p@60hz per eye or 1080p at 24hz per eye. Also performance is dependent on third party drivers.

Nvidia's 3D vision on the other hand seems to be quite well developed, and monitors come with Nvidia's glasses.

I was looking at the Asus VG236H (bundled with 3d vision glasses), and replacing my hd6850's with a Gtx 580. The total cost for that combination is around 855euro (£755) from Amazon with free delivery to Ireland.

I could save a bunch of €€'s getting a gtx 570 and later sli it, probably what i'll end up doing.

Now, to my question, has anyone here used either hd3d or 3d vision? If so, what are your thoughts, was it worth the money?

Comments

Advertisement