Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question on laptop screen

• 31-03-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,336 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My daughter broke her laptop screen and is looking to get a second hand replacement screen. Are the screens all the same or should she be looking for one to suit the specific make and model?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hi,

If it's a dell it will need to be Dell specific. Most other brands will take generic screens, i think maybe one or two more manufacturers may require "compatible screens".
    Most of the big brands, will accept other screens, but will advise getting one that is for their specific model.

What Laptop does she have? Make and Model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,336 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that.

Its a Toshiba but Im not sure of the model. I'll find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,336 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Its a Toshiba but Im not sure of the model. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Its a Toshiba Satellite L300D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Another thread about brokenscreen.ie.
    May be an alternative, I don't know. Put it here incase you don't see it.

This thread also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

stay clear of the big names i do screens fitted 80-90 euro fitted max if your in dublin pm me ill try help out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

massy086 wrote: »
    stay clear of the big names i do screens fitted 80-90 euro fitted max if your in dublin pm me ill try help out

does that include parts and labour?

Yes that would be parts and fitting all in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

massy086 wrote: »
    Yes that would be parts and fitting all in
    Are you a business or.....?
    Just wondering.

No I have been doing Pc and console repairs for the last 10 years as a sideline if you need something done feel free to pm me cheers

Advertisement