Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of plants

Options
  • 31-03-2011 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

i have a few circles which were after getting overgrown and i cleared it all last weekend. want to put in stuff which is very colourful. I only want small petite plants and dont want big wide ones. love the pansies and especially marigolds. what else are nice like these. I dont know the names of any plants but when I have your ideas and type them into google to get an image i would know if i like them or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It would be difficult to beat the all year round show power of Houseleeks (Sempervivums) - simply stunning in diversity, detail and colour and all relatively easy to grow and manage. Now that rocks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Sweet williams are are gorgeous flower really colourful. Buy seeds they wont flower this year but will next and will self seed every year after. Love in the mist is another beautiful flower think it is also known as nigella again plant seeds it will flower this year and every year after as it is self seeding. Narstarsiums are lovely too but be warned they can spread a lot over the years. The first two I mentioned are taller than pansies or marigolds. Petunias are similar to pansies and have a long flowering life. You could pitin a michealmas daisy one plant with loads of flowers should come back each year too. I had one in white following year it came back purple due to mixing with the nigella it was beautiful. Ended up losing the bed due to building work, but had all those flowers in it and it was lovely a mass of colours, just typing this had me keen to recreate it this year.

Advertisement