Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys you had as a kid

Options
  • 31-03-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Was just talking to my sister about toys we owned in the late eighties/early nineties! Does anyone else remember these dolls?

Tonka Cupcake dolls!
    CandySprinkle_TaffyTammy_Hat.jpg
    cupcakedollstonka.jpg

We also had this skating doll...

Anyone else remember these? What toys did everyone else have as a kid?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I remember the roller skating doll !!. Was it called Baby Skates? I can remember the ad on the tv " Here comes that pretty little show off, Baby Skates". Would have been about '84/'85?
    The toy I absolutely loved as a small child in the late 70s was the Fisher Price tree house. It had a pop up tree top, and inside it was a little house. There was a handle on top you could carry it around with. There were little figures to play with, and a car, and even a little dog:). There was a lift that you put the figures in and you turned a handle to bring them up to the house. Hours of endless fun. I remember my Aunt , who would have been in her 50s at the time liked it so much, she bought one!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Yeah I remember our childminders kids had one of those! We also had one of these... The fisherprice clock! It used to play 'my grandfathers clock' God! The memories and feelings toys can bring back!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/28045057/free-shipping-fisher-price-music-box

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

These were the mainstay of my xmas presents for much of the 80's.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

this was one of mine, Rough Riders but i had the A-Team version and knight rider version.

i had a rainbow bright and apple blossom and apple jack - they were two very unattractive big dolls! there was also this dog called poochi everyone had at the time (mid 80's) care bears were big then as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

M.A.S.K. and G.I.Joe were my two big things really.

I like the IDEA of Transformers, but most of them weren't that well executed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Mr. Bucket! One of my most treasured toys :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMtfVkplqh2hy1gA6A3Nf_BvSOYQvfaNFbuO8tlsfDCyq08M7p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I had loads of toy trains, some of them caught fire. Well, I had some toy fire engines as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I got this around '70 or '71.

9415A5BD1B8B4DD48AEED233C1660A85-0000336305-0002284812-00500L-4F34B24017EF44F380D007E3BDEB14AA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Mr. Bucket! One of my most treasured toys :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMtfVkplqh2hy1gA6A3Nf_BvSOYQvfaNFbuO8tlsfDCyq08M7p

Familiar story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Remember Stickle Bricks? Not sure if you can still get them.

50268_91184782678_3924534_n.jpg&t=1&h=78&w=104&usg=__cz0S0Rut0lECioz-b6uWIxC6ebU=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Big Yellow Teapot
    I had hours of fun with this:D

50555_79012043426_9425_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I had some sort of Knightrider stunt shed. You'd rev KITT up and he'd shot into the shed, there was a ramp inside and he's come out doing a wheelie

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I work in a preschool and stickle bricks are still in high demand. I loved spirograph, tiny tears, barrel of monkeys and a skipping rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Used to have this as a kid,was great craic. Used to drive my parents around the bend though!:D

ektoys.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

i had a rake load of Micro Machines.

Other favourites include:
    • Mr. Frosty
    • Glo Worms
    • Starcom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

z215433120.jpg

Tamagotchi's anyone?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

tan11ie wrote: »
    Big Yellow Teapot
    I had hours of fun with this:D

50555_79012043426_9425_n.jpg

Awe that brings me back.. my pride and joy that was :D

Also loved my retro Barbie bus

busu.jpg

and my Weebles haunted house :p

weebles1lq4.jpg

weeblesinside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

A la Carte Kitchen!!
    alacart2.jpg

It was my favourite toy ever and even had mini versions of real-life, brand name groceries. At least I think they were real life :D

Also Popples!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_UBh69VG3SzUh_IN84x734P5JmeJ7mTmUmpatlyMGo0ESDGAO0aQkmtM0Rg
    The soft toy you could tuck into itself :)
    I got one for my 4th birthday and have never been able to part with it even though it's been...ahem, 24 years :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Also Popples!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_UBh69VG3SzUh_IN84x734P5JmeJ7mTmUmpatlyMGo0ESDGAO0aQkmtM0Rg
    The soft toy you could tuck into itself :)
    I got one for my 4th birthday and have never been able to part with it even though it's been...ahem, 24 years :o

I still have my Popple. It's purple, I love it :)

I think EVERY home had one of these.

7A8A649A.jpg

Remember these? Keypers.. I loved all things snaily! I collected them (real ones!).

5603013489_97cc3c2967.jpg

And the Cabbage Patch Kids. And they had birth certs and all :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWilT2S_lMXXecktTgWkStQ9a_N9TSoN-97wlUnURxIR0NmzmA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

Keypers!! I'd forgotten those, what a blast from the past! I had that exact set in the picture :)
    Good times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Oh, and Glow Worms :)

GloWorm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Polly Pockets!

335561064_7376c49467.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Awe Keypers :p and you got the little 'Finder' aswel and he glowed in the dark.. Class!! :D

Had completely forgotten about the Keepers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Jeez there's a blast from the past. Have seen one of those snails in years.

Had sticklebricks and one of those fisher price phones in one of the posts above. My brother had loads of lego so I used to play with that too.

Remember getting a bag of those small plastic moulded soldiers one year from Santa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_men I wasn't much into Barbie or Sindy or any of that craic.

Also I got loads of My Little Pony stuff one Christmas. Just found a webpage with all the accessories on it and got a few flashbacks. Roller skates for horses :eek:

MLP-2-1%20Parasol%20pony%20-%20cropped.JPG

Clothes-13%20-%20Party%20Time%20-%20cropped.JPG

http://franshouseofdollsandtoys.com/My%20Little%20Pony/Acces-04%20-%20Stable%20-%20cropped.JPG

Also had a few Sylvanian families.
    sylvanian-families-beaver-family.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

My brother was far worse for these guys, my mother uses to find them hanging out of the tassels on lampshades or the cords for the blinds or staring at her from behind an ornament :pac:

army-men.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

commodore64.jpg

Most memorable Christmas present I received as a child, without a doubt. I didn't have the disk drive, software was on cassettes. In the above pic, I had that joystick and the game looks like either IK+ or Way of the Exploding Fist if memory serves.

The after school routine became
    1. Insert cassette
    2. Shift+Run/Stop
    3. Run to shop for sweets or messages for home
    4. Be back a few mins later, just in time for game fully loaded
    5. Happy bobbytables ;)

When I was 9, I first taught myself to develop some primitive programs in BASIC on this machine. I remember really enjoying it and thinking, Wow! I want to develop software when I grow up.

So now I do.

Also I got loads of My Little Pony stuff one Christmas. Just found a webpage with all the accessories on it and got a few flashbacks. Roller skates for horses :eek:

Also had a few Sylvanian families.
    sylvanian-families-beaver-family.jpg

Yeah, the My Little Ponies were great. I remember having a My Little Pony Sea Horse Pony!

5523693596_a3bace261e.jpg

Had the Sylvanians too! Loved them! I had the brown bear family and a good bit of the furniture and house. I see they're back in the shops again.

• Advertisement

Also just remembered fashion Wheel!

140.jpg

Advertisement