Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys you had as a kid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

ratmouse wrote: »
    Also just remembered fashion Wheel!

140.jpg

Ah! A great toy, got loads of fun from such a simple idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260728

Anyone remember the guys I've photographed and posted in this thread?

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

operation_game.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Degsy wrote: »
    operation_game.jpg

Is that the HSE or Vhi version..............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

Most memorable Christmas present I received as a child, without a doubt. I didn't have the disk drive, software was on cassettes. In the above pic, I had that joystick and the game looks like either IK+ or Way of the Exploding Fist if memory serves.

The after school routine became
    1. Insert cassette
    2. Shift+Run/Stop
    3. Run to shop for sweets or messages for home
    4. Be back a few mins later, just in time for game fully loaded
    5. Happy bobbytables ;)
    When I was 9, I first taught myself to develop some primitive programs in BASIC on this machine. I remember really enjoying it and thinking, Wow! I want to develop software when I grow up.

So now I do.

We had a Spectrum 48K, it was the most tempremental thing to load!! You used to have to tip toe out of the room to let it load the game. If you slammed the door, you'd have to start all over again!!!

Anyone remember Centurions? POWER EXTREME!!!

Is got this guy (Ace McCloud) for Christmas when I was around 7/8. Endless hours of fun, although I still haven't gotten over the loss of the red rockets which went missing on Stephen's Day.

CentAceMcCloudComp1a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheNeXus

ratmouse wrote: »
    Also just remembered fashion Wheel!

140.jpg

i had that too but my fav toy i had was my dennis the menace doll i had it for years until it mysteriously disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

check out this forum it will bring you down memory lane. plus check out the toy fair thead too

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I had loads of Transformers. Astrotrain was one of my favourites. He was a Triple Changer. He transformed into a space shuttle, a train and a robot. I also had a Six Changer (that's a Six Changer, not a sex changer) that I bought when I went to visit my sister in England. Obviously he transformed into six different things. If I remember correctly they all looked crap though.

I never got Optimus Prime Or Megatron. I did have Galvatron though (he was the new version of Megatron from the Transformers Movie).

I also loved Masters Of The Universe and had loads of the toys. I gave them to my nephew (or rather my sister did, I was going to wait until he got older) when I grew out of them and he destroyed them all. They might actually have been worth some money now if the arms and legs hadn't been ripped off of them. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

1809577743_938dfda968.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

44679%20Funtime%201975.JPG Funtime Sindy

ll4.gifLovely Lively Sindy

75-active.jpgActive Sindy(blonde)

140.jpgActive Sindy (brunette)

These were the Sindy doll's I got from Santy...I just loved Sindy. I remember the outfits I had for all of these...a bed and wardrobe. I think she was a beautiful doll.

Anyone remember Girl's World? I really wanted one of these but I never got one...I think when Xmas came around there was always something more important on my list.
    girls-world-styling-head-and-fashion-bags.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Just posted this in another toy thread, I loved Sindy too & have a few collectible pieces now. I loved Betsy Clarke dolls too anyone remember her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

80799-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

sex-doll1.jpg

My new toy:
    CR7904.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

remind me not to let you buy toys for the kids

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Christmas in the 70's. My three favourite toys:)
    220px20030514160101mecc.jpg
    1999g.jpg
    pc080003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

ffpegleg1.jpg

ffhook1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was reminiscing about the toys I had as a kid and I've included the ones I got lots of enjoyment from.

A plastic picnic basket with lots of plates, cups, cutlery and a little flask. I used it for years and even brought the flask to school. I think it was Fisher Price but I cant find a picture of it.

A Homepride Fred scales:
    $(KGrHqYOKpsE0VI84yu4BN,rB8d1k!~~_3.JPG
    This thing was so clever. His face was a bowl, his hat was a sieve and his arms were a scale.

I had lots of dolls, Tiny Tears and Sindy and Barbie. Also had a Daisy doll:
    spot.jpg
    I had the one on the right with the dog. Of course I cut her hair so she always had short hair! And I had Holly Hobbie, which was a treasured doll:

holly%2Bhobby.jpeg

I also had a Holly Hobbie bag with a small doll in the front pocket. I used that bag for years also!

God there is loads more!

A My Little Pony soft toy:
    blossom.jpg
    and grooming parlour:
    snuzzle_parlour2.JPG

I must have lost half the accessories because I don't remember half of them.

Of course I was also a complete toyboy and played with my brother's Star Wars and He-man figures!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Of course I was also a complete toyboy and played with my brother's Star Wars and He-man figures!!

I had feck loads of star wars and he-man figures as well, like:

he-man-toy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

starflake wrote: »
    Was just talking to my sister about toys we owned in the late eighties/early nineties! Does anyone else remember these dolls?

Tonka Cupcake dolls!
    CandySprinkle_TaffyTammy_Hat.jpg
    cupcakedollstonka.jpg

I think I had one of those when I was younger. They used to smell very sweet didn't they?

Also had pollypockets. I always lost the doll though

And a baby Get Well doll...

140.jpg

I never got the Mister Frosty that I wanted though:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jake 74

lord lucan wrote: »
    Used to have this as a kid,was great craic. Used to drive my parents around the bend though!:D

ektoys.jpg
    that brings back memories although had a later version,
    action man was the toy of choice for years through the late seventies early eighties, we used to tie plastic bags on to them and throw them off the roof of the house instant para regiment!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

5389751123_daa88ee29b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

starflake wrote: »
    Was just talking to my sister about toys we owned in the late eighties/early nineties! Does anyone else remember these dolls?

Tonka Cupcake dolls!
    CandySprinkle_TaffyTammy_Hat.jpg
    cupcakedollstonka.jpg

I always wanted one of these when I was a kid but never got one. So when I spotted one in a shop up north a couple of years ago my boyfriend bought it for me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

Potted history of my best christmas presents as a child:

Pocket Simon 6/10
    pocket_simon.jpg

Domino Rally 8/10
    domino_p1010008_cropped_45_4x5.jpg

Commodore Amiga 11/10 :)
    commodore_amiga_500.jpg

God those were the days!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

My all-time favourite toy was Eagle-Eyed Action Man!! Had several of them and loved all the uniforms and vehicles you could get for him, would always pester my Mam for new outfits and any new accessories that would hit the stores. Got this aircraft for him one Christmas and was over the moon.....just found it on Google now:eek: and it brings back so many memories!! Great times!!:D

imagesCAYQWKOD.jpgsas5.jpg

1830_l.jpg

pursuit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

A few of my favourite toys were:

She Ra's Castle

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjN704eQ_ZTdAsvahPWtcBm0p9eFzaJoJ2jQGGbSH_3CXu5iyzrw&t=1

Play doh hair salon:

fuzzypumper.jpg

Ghost castle Mb board game

0598b.jpg

And Lil Miss Make Up doll

makeup_page1.jpg

And an earlier 80's version of this red post office set
    http://www.toys.ie/Post-Office-Set-!103347-prd.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I had the red post office set too I loved it !

I got a Teddy Ruxpin one year it was my pride and joy he came with cassette tapes and his mouth moved while it told you a story I still have one of the books

teddy6-large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Secret Keepers
    Came in the shape of animals and bugs. I had five of them - the swan, the horse, the bunny, the purple snail and the blue ant. You got a key with them that opened up their bellies, shells, etc and you could hide stuff inside them.

20060725.jpg

Cabbage Patch Dolls
    I'm sure every girl had at least one of these.

cabbagepatchkids-1.jpg

My little Pony
    I had a huge collection of these.
    mylittlepony-1.jpg

Skip It
    skip+it.bmp

Girl Talk Board Game
    girl-talk.jpg

Care Bears
    care-bear-blue.jpg

Trolls!
    Trolls-dolls-animated-movie.jpg

Speak & Spell
    1980s_toys_speakandspell_slide1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Forgot about this...i loved playing with it...i'm going to get one next week....:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rXoJdu_Ek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Don't think I got many branded toys when I was a nipper, mostly cheap generic stuff and a few battered hand me downs.

I do remember getting a Care Bear one year...

1167507511_0b2e54733e.jpg

Totally jelly at the Teddy Ruxpin though, instead I got a bear that recorded your voice. I tried to read a story into it so it would tell it back to me but it only recorded 3 seconds or something so only managed 'once upon a time they all lived happily...' :)

Oh yeah, and Playmobile and Trolls

3733.jpg

Still have this little punk fella knockin about somewhere...

18263_675945_2_lg.jpg

Advertisement