Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Code Card didn't work

• 31-03-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I bought a 12 month membership card with free 800 points in Game. When I inputted the code it gave me the points but not the membership.

I tried inputting it again this time on Xbox Live and it said the code had been used up!

Is there a way to get my membership?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ooooh thats a ball breaker alright..

my advice ring shop in morning and complain complain complain...

i bought a remote with sky player and 3 months live free and the live codes were not in the box and they believed me and replaced the code so maybe they will do something for you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

maybe ring xbox customer care first and see why you didnt get it. i presume they can acess the codes you type in so they'll know you should of got 12 months live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Was it just one code for both? Surely it's two different codes. Just make sure you're not glancing over a 2nd code or something :D

Head to https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx and log in with your Windows Live ID from your Gamertag. It'll list a 12 month subscription, if it activated

If all else fails, as mentioned, ring Support. Give them the code, and they can tell you what it's for, and when it was redeemed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Happened to me once and it turned out I just wasn't being methodical enough when typing the code. If you're 100% sure it doesn't work though give them hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Should be two codes. Never heard of a sub + points being one code.

Make sure you've scratched off all the silver stuff (Anyone know what the name for that stuff is? Presumably there is a general name for it.)

If no second code give support a ring. They can check codes for you and see what the craic is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Orim wrote: »
    ...Make sure you've scratched off all the silver stuff (Anyone know what the name for that stuff is? Presumably there is a general name for it.)

If no second code give support a ring. They can check codes for you and see what the craic is.

It's latex. A type of rubber. They use the same stuff on national lottery scratch cards.

+1 Definitely ring the customer support line. They might be able to do something to activate the 12 month for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    It's latex. A type of rubber. They use the same stuff on national lottery scratch cards.

+1 Definitely ring the customer support line. They might be able to do something to activate the 12 month for you.
    who would have thought latex would be so multifunctional!!! LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Healium wrote: »
    Was it just one code for both? Surely it's two different codes. Just make sure you're not glancing over a 2nd code or something :D

This is what happened! Turns out I hadn't quite scratched everything off!

Advertisement