Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letting agents in dundalk - reccommendations?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi all,

i have a house in dundalk that i rent out. my tentants' lease expires soon, and when they move out i am considering getting a letting agent manage it for me.

i was wondering if any other landlords who use letting agents in dundalk are able to share their experiences? is there anyone who you recommend? anyone best to avoid? would so appreciate any feedback... cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

i have used peake property in earl street since last September when they opened. they are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭qwerty2010

bigneacy wrote: »
    i have used peake property in earl street since last September when they opened. they are fantastic.

thank you so much :)

i have used one of the bigger firms in the past (not sure if i'm allowed to say their name), but they were absolutely awful. put in no effort whatsoever, would not reply to any communication, told lies etc. have heard bad reviews since from others too so i don't think its just me....

peake sound good, and hopefullly because they're newly established they might be willing to put in a proper effort... fingers crossed eh xx

qwerty2010 wrote: »
    thank you so much :)

i have used one of the bigger firms in the past (not sure if i'm allowed to say their name), but they were absolutely awful. put in no effort whatsoever, would not reply to any communication, told lies etc. have heard bad reviews since from others too so i don't think its just me....

peake sound good, and hopefullly because they're newly established they might be willing to put in a proper effort... fingers crossed eh xx

yeah, I had used a few of the bigger agencies a few years ago when i was a tenant and i can tell you they aint worth a fig. one of my least favourite ones (anne st/dublin st) have since shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭qwerty2010

yeah, I had used a few of the bigger agencies a few years ago when i was a tenant and i can tell you they aint worth a fig. one of my least favourite ones (anne st/dublin st) have since shut down.

aye, i'd say it is the bigger agencies that are the problem. perhaps they take on so many people that there's no real need for them to make an effort. i don't know.

the house i have for let is of a really good standard - in my biased opinion anyhow :) - so I'm really hopeful that they should be able to help. my tenants lease is up, and I was quietly confident that they may wish to renew and stay on long term, however they are now expecting a baby and so need somewhere bigger.

i have emailed Peake, so will let you know how i get on. thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B79

Hi,
    I see the posts here about the lettings agents and need to know who are the best in town?

Peake? - How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Its mad how peoples' experiences differ. I found Peake a bit unreliable, not getting back to you when they say, late turning up for appointments. They were very new at the time though so maybe now have got it organised properly. I ended up using Habitat on Francis St and I found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B79

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Its mad how peoples' experiences differ. I found Peake a bit unreliable, not getting back to you when they say, late turning up for appointments. They were very new at the time though so maybe now have got it organised properly. I ended up using Habitat on Francis St and I found them excellent.

I chatted with a very nice man in sherry fitz Dublin street (i know now they dont do letting of houses only commercial, anyhow the man was to the point, private and said would speak to me in private after dealing with a lady. Have to say they have nice offices/specious/ and seats! He give me good advice.

After finding out information on people looking for rent allowance forms signed etc, i found myself eager to see who/what Peake were all about. Entering the room i found there offices pokie, could do with a hoover and mop the floor however a nice greeting from 2ladies.
    The advice was good, spoke low (not loud in ear shot of others), and printed off there terms etc for me to read - which was nice.
    The only irritating thing was after the few questions i asked i felt like i was beginning to be a bit of bother. (even though this is my first time considering an agent). That aside the girls were nice, and extremely eager to have me on board.
    Overall a pleasant welcome, but main lady appeared to have a lax/sluggish approach/posture at her desk but she was down to earth and keen to find out all i said with the other two girls.

Reception girl, was nice, good listener, good eye contact, when phones rang she was very keen to answer them. But that was ok, she was still very good and informative with me. Provided me with all the right details and seemed like a good service offered.

The last review there just in today explain a different attitude and thanks for sharing it:) Its good to know.

On the other hand I heard awful reviews on Habitat :-! I was advised by other general people to stay well away from them! 9 and not the guy i spoke to in the first place might i add.. he mentioned no names whatsoever). Habitat info came from people on the street and tenant who used them in the past.

Thanks guys & girls for the posts:)

Keep them coming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

My sister and Bro-in-law went for All In Property Managememt(http://www.aipm.ie/) to help them let their house in Dundalk.
    The girl that runs it is brilliant.(according to them)
    Small operation, but this girl goes out of her way to get good clients to rent their property and is no slacker on the chase-up of any back rent owed or checking off the current state off the rented house(s) Lovely girl and very professional*

*no connection to this biz at all.

B79 wrote: »
    I chatted with a very nice man in sherry fitz Dublin street (i know now they dont do letting of houses only commercial, anyhow the man was to the point, private and said would speak to me in private after dealing with a lady. Have to say they have nice offices/specious/ and seats! He give me good advice.

After finding out information on people looking for rent allowance forms signed etc, i found myself eager to see who/what Peake were all about. Entering the room i found there offices pokie, could do with a hoover and mop the floor however a nice greeting from 2ladies.
    The advice was good, spoke low (not loud in ear shot of others), and printed off there terms etc for me to read - which was nice.
    The only irritating thing was after the few questions i asked i felt like i was beginning to be a bit of bother. (even though this is my first time considering an agent). That aside the girls were nice, and extremely eager to have me on board.
    Overall a pleasant welcome, but main lady appeared to have a lax/sluggish approach/posture at her desk but she was down to earth and keen to find out all i said with the other two girls.

Reception girl, was nice, good listener, good eye contact, when phones rang she was very keen to answer them. But that was ok, she was still very good and informative with me. Provided me with all the right details and seemed like a good service offered.

The last review there just in today explain a different attitude and thanks for sharing it:) Its good to know.

On the other hand I heard awful reviews on Habitat :-! I was advised by other general people to stay well away from them! 9 and not the guy i spoke to in the first place might i add.. he mentioned no names whatsoever). Habitat info came from people on the street and tenant who used them in the past.

Thanks guys & girls for the posts:)

Keep them coming! :)

Have also heard awful things about habitat in the past - ended up using them last year and the reviews were wrong - they were worse!

I heard about all in property management, a smaller crowd but a lot more hands on - they're in bridge street are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I heard about all in property management, a smaller crowd but a lot more hands on - they're in bridge street are they?

Yes.
    On the corner at John st./Johns lane almost oppostite St.Nicholas church.

• Advertisement
Advertisement