Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile phone for Business

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Good evening all.

I have HTC HD2 now for quite some time, a bit glitch, and I can't get a smooth setting up of Goggle mail and calendar and docs.
    I use goggle for everything in Business and have everything on line.
    So what is the best mobile phone for business?
    Are the new Samsungs androids any good?
    iphone I have a thing about, apple in general really, you can't open them if anything goes wrong......that I find almost arrogant in some way, you pay through the nose for it , and your not allowed touch it......may be it's just me.

Anyway, Advise would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ok as requested

Features wanted ? = All the usual camera, internet flash ect
    Form factor - touchscreen sort of used to them now.
    Internet - 3G and wifi
    Operator - o2
    Bill-pay
    Price range =not really fussed will wait for an upgrade but once it is good enough and saves me money and get me the info I need for work it is worth the money.

phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you can have a read of this:>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514104 and post back it will help you get better results, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iphone I have a thing about, apple in general really, you can't open them if anything goes wrong......that I find almost arrogant in some way, you pay through the nose for it , and your not allowed touch it......may be it's just me.

Unless your a certified nokia engineer you can't open a Nokia under warranty either. Apple is no different than nokia and to be honest there both just as arrogant, Nokia especially with the dirt their trying to pass off as Phones and their god awful service.

Apple iOS and OSx are probably the best operating systems out there. I've used androids, windows7mobile, symbian and iOS is by far the most business friendly and reliable mobile OS at the moment.

iPhone all the way. You don't worry about taking it apart, leave that to apple.

If you don't want to get an iphone, get a mac. Then it'll all make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

You can easily get your HD2 as stable as possible by installing Android on it. Yes it's possible. ;)

if you're looking at a Galaxy S, I suggest you wait a few months because the new Galaxy S II will be out soon. If all of your calendars, docs and contacts are through google then it would be best to get a phone running Android, whether it be HTC, Samsung or LG etc. as it'll have all the intergration you need with Google as it's a Google phone, obviously. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 philip kelly

Unless your a certified nokia engineer you can't open a Nokia under warranty either. Apple is no different than nokia and to be honest there both just as arrogant, Nokia especially with the dirt their trying to pass off as Phones and their god awful service.

Apple iOS and OSx are probably the best operating systems out there. I've used androids, windows7mobile, symbian and iOS is by far the most business friendly and reliable mobile OS at the moment.

iPhone all the way. You don't worry about taking it apart, leave that to apple.

If you don't want to get an iphone, get a mac. Then it'll all make sense.

Thanks for the reply.

I was mac user for 10 years , but I am in the 3D visualisation business and the software i use which is industry standard is and was not available for the mac, hense the reason I moved back to a PC.

I miss the slickness of a mac but not practicle for what I want to do.
    Most of the software I would use or want to us is not made for it.

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wait for the Galaxy S II.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 philip kelly

it looks very good retail 700 euro.
    when is it out.
    hope its available on upgrade

phil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Android would be the obvious choice as you already use Google services, the Nexus S is the official Google Android phone, and made by Samsung. I'd check that out first.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/strongGooglestrong-Nexus-S-Black-16GB/238286/1_3

Personally, I prefer the HTC Sense GUI over Android, so I'm waiting to see the HTC Incredible S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

o2 should have the se arc out next week. Nice big screen and excellent camera in it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What about a blackberry?
    Features wanted ? = All the usual camera, internet flash ect Blackberry's
    Form factor - touchscreen sort of used to them now. Blackberry Torch or Storm 2
    Internet - 3G and wifi Yes on both
    Operator - o2 Yes
    Bill-pay Yes again from 45 euro per month with 150mins 100sms and 500mbs data
    Price range =not really fussed will wait for an upgrade but once it is good enough and saves me money and get me the info I need for work it is worth the money.

Blackberry's have excellent email and the amazing gmail integration. Contacts and calendar sync wirelessly (automatically) over BIS (Blackberry internet service). Email is instantly pushed to the device. Can search gmail remotely for past emails (even if you've already deleted them off the device)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If you use google services for work, gmail, calendar, documents, then trust Me, its a no-brainer to go with anything other than Android

• Advertisement
Advertisement