Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monsoon N3.0 bar pump leak

• 31-03-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

The water pump in my apartment has developed a small leak. Probably only about 20ml a day.

Its a twin pump and has started to drip on the hot water side. Its also starting to run very hot. Well it could have always done this (its 5yrs old) but Ive only noticed since the drip started.

It heats up on the side that water isn't being pumped if that makes sense. If Im running the hot tap the cold water side of the pump heats up and vice versa.

Do these pumps run hot like this normally?

Would like to have a go at fixing this myself if its something simple. Was going to buy a service kit from stuart turner and if it was something simple like a worn washer change it out myself. If its something more serious I'll probably just get a plumber to sort it out.

any advice appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its a rented apartment, call the landlord. If its not, then get a professional to repair it. Someone line these guys.

Not the kind of things you want to fart about it tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The seals on the pump houseing are going. They are easy enough to replace if you know and if the pump is irish its available from modern plant.(long story)

The reason the pump is heating up could be because with the seals going the propeller might be scraping off the pump housing. This is common. Just get the seal pack and replace soon as you will need a new propeller as well if you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

Cheers Joey,

the guy in modern plant agrees with you about the problem. Going to pick up a seal kit today and have a go at changing them. Showerdoctor.ie were looking for 140euro call out fee plus parts!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

finty wrote: »
    Cheers Joey,

the guy in modern plant agrees with you about the problem. Going to pick up a seal kit today and have a go at changing them. Showerdoctor.ie were looking for 140euro call out fee plus parts!!!

:eek:

If you take the pump out and bring it to medern plant they will replace them for you. Thats if you can do without it a couple of days.

Advertisement